These is so much to read I don't know where to start! (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I really wanted to started reading about Politics but this forum is so active I can't keep up:eek:!

Bone577

HSC
N/A
First thing to read is Howard Zinns history of the US.

Then move onto Hegemony or Survival by Noam Chomsky, then work your way back to his first works... if you can hack it read Necessary Illusions before al lthe rest.

Actually watching any Chomsky Documentory would be good.

If you are more concerned with Australia related affairs then anything by John Pilger.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Well, quite a bit of activity is to be expected following an election and all.

lengstar

HSC
start with a new thread, preferably one linked to an article. read up on that article and express your views towards it. when replying tell us what your thinking and why. why is really important. other people will express their ideas and read them to see other people's opinions. comment and ask questions when required. welcome to the politics forum.
word of warning: excessive flaming may ensue if your views don't conform to others...or if they are just dickheads.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Bone577 said:
First thing to read is Howard Zinns history of the US.

Then move onto Hegemony or Survival by Noam Chomsky, then work your way back to his first works... if you can hack it read Necessary Illusions before al lthe rest.

Actually watching any Chomsky Documentory would be good.

If you are more concerned with Australia related affairs then anything by John Pilger.
I actually meant on this forum, but I might have a look at those books if I get really bored one day:p. I would be primarily interested in Australian Politics, yes:).

Generator said:
Well, quite a bit of activity is to be expected following an election and all.
So it is not usually this active? Good:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
lengstar said:
start with a new thread, preferably one linked to an article. read up on that article and express your views towards it. when replying tell us what your thinking and why. why is really important. other people will express their ideas and read them to see other people's opinions. comment and ask questions when required. welcome to the politics forum.
word of warning: excessive flaming may ensue if your views don't conform to others...or if they are just dickheads.
OK, thanks. I think I am ready:D.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
OK, thanks. I think I am ready:D.
Don't mention anything about how bad the Labor Party lost. Its a rather sensitive issue around here.

HAHAHAHAHA...LABOR LOST, LABOR LOST!!!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Don't mention anything about how bad the Labor Party lost. Its a rather sensitive issue around here.

HAHAHAHAHA...LABOR LOST, LABOR LOST!!!
I won't be, I voted for Labour:(.

Comrade nathan

HSC
The firs thing you have to do to get into politics is never ever watched the OC every again. You must stop watching all shows that are like the OC. It rots you braing and gives a false impression of reality. If you read any Chomsky you will know how the TV is function by the ruling class.

Second, watch the ABC documentories and SBS documentories. You dont have to watch the news, this will bore you untill you gain interest in subjects, like Palastine or Cuba etc. Watch Foreign correspondant, next week they have a doco on young males mostly boys joing the Iraq resistance.

3rdly read some Michael Moore, he is very good fro writing for the working class, students etc. It is easy to follow and combined many opinions and his humour to get you informed.

4thly if you are interested in right-wing Liberal economics then just go shot your self right in the fucking brain. There is no point you will just become the enemy of the world, you will be called gringo, whitey, cracker etc.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
3rdly read some Michael Moore, he is very good fro writing for the working class, students etc. It is easy to follow and combined many opinions and his humour to get you informed.

4thly if you are interested in right-wing Liberal economics then just go shot your self right in the fucking brain. There is no point you will just become the enemy of the world, you will be called gringo, whitey, cracker etc.
Yep.. Micheal Moore is truly a great source for all unbias information...
There is an entire website which presents a strong case towards how the truth was manipulated by micheal moore in 'bowling for columbine', however some of it was quite informative..the problem with him is you have to get past his agenda to start to get any facts.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Edit (Following on from the shoot yourself in the head if you become a Liberal point): He may well become a rich man, though, so why would he care?

Everything is biased.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Comrade nathan said:
The firs thing you have to do to get into politics is never ever watched the OC every again. You must stop watching all shows that are like the OC. It rots you braing and gives a false impression of reality. If you read any Chomsky you will know how the TV is function by the ruling class.
Sorry, but that will never happen:p.

Comrade nathan said:
Second, watch the ABC documentories and SBS documentories. You dont have to watch the news, this will bore you untill you gain interest in subjects, like Palastine or Cuba etc. Watch Foreign correspondant, next week they have a doco on young males mostly boys joing the Iraq resistance.
I watch some of that stuff already:).

Comrade nathan said:
Haha, I already said I voted for Labour. What is this Right-Wing, Left-Wing idea anyway:confused:?

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Left wing and right wing in economics is about state ownership vs laizzes-faire capitalism.

But it gets very complex and you shouldn't realy pay too much attention to it.

To get you started go here;
http://www.zmag.org/instructs.htm

Go to the "Statistics and Logic for the People" and "Basic Concepts and Tools for
Understanding Political Economy"

The whole Zmag site is pure gold though, but the instructionals should get you started.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Comrade nathan said:

I agree, Michael Moore is an extremely good author an doco maker...he's funny.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Merethrond said:
I really wanted to started reading about Politics but this forum is so active I can't keep up:eek:!
lol first you start a thread about NS, then here, it's because you don't venture from entertainment, namely the oc thread :p

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
iambored said:
lol first you start a thread about NS, then here, it's because you don't venture from entertainment, namely the oc thread :p
Haha, yeah, I suppose. I do post in the University - General, University of Newcastle and Hobbies, Interests & Sport forums regularly to though:).

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
Haha, yeah, I suppose. I do post in the University - General, University of Newcastle and Hobbies, Interests & Sport forums regularly to though:).
Please, the OC is agreat show, but can you please ditch the Avatar...it shits me so badly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)