HSC Story on 7 and 9 (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
The mandetory HSC story on these two networks was very interesting tonight. While 9 told everyone to be calm, and to remember that the HSC isn't the only way into University/Higher studies, channel 7 decided to remind students that even if they got a high enough UAI they may not get into there course of choice, and even if they do they will be slugged with higher HECS fees. Way to keep HSC students stressed out channel 7.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
McLake said:
The mandetory HSC story on these two networks was very interesting tonight. While 9 told everyone to be calm, and to remember that the HSC isn't the only way into University/Higher studies, channel 7 decided to remind students that even if they got a high enough UAI they may not get into there course of choice, and even if they do they will be slugged with higher HECS fees. Way to keep HSC students stressed out channel 7.
Stupid channel 7 and stupid David Koch.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
I also hate David Koch. He looks so smarmy with his stupid morning show with that equally stupid woman. I bet they both voted liberal those.

fatmuscle

HSC
david koch's son went to Barker
the school i went to

that is all...

santaslayer

HSC
haha..

People kicked up a stink when 60 Minutes did a really bad show on the eve of the HSC exams last year when I did them...it apparently potrayed a really pessimestic view on the HSC and stress....

mishka

HSC
N/A
i thought it was funny how the minister for education was shown on one of the channels warning of cramming... this being the day before the first english exam!! after the first exam, the media don't care about it until the results are released.... then they go on about the "hard tests" and the "disappointment felt amongst thousands of teenagers" while the "high achievers were congratulated on the steps of state parliament"

quite predictable, quite funny, but quite boring :D

mack

Banned
HSC
I just avoid all the media's HSC talk. Im about a few steps away from driving a car bomb into Channel 7 headquarters!

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
santaslayer said:
haha..

People kicked up a stink when 60 Minutes did a really bad show on the eve of the HSC exams last year when I did them...it apparently potrayed a really pessimestic view on the HSC and stress....
Oooooooooh, I had forgotten about that, now I remember ...

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
both the HSC and the media representation of it are rather.... full of shit, shall we say. it's just more fodder for sensationalism "your children are being robbed" - forgive me, it's the studying frontline that did it.

i spose they have to mention it, just cos it affects so many people.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
mack said:
I just avoid all the media's HSC talk. Im about a few steps away from driving a car bomb into Channel 7 headquarters!
You know, that would actually give them some news worthy news!!! Go for it!!!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
santaslayer said:
haha..

Yeah, I remember that. They showed how some people committed suicide over the HSC and how other people never recovered from the pressure and stress of the HSC and had mental breakdowns:(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)