• I don't have any qualms with it

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • It should be raised

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
I know this is not exactly an issue that's just come up or anything, but I was wondering what you guys thought about the current age?
Personally I think it's suitable for Australian context - a developed, western nation. Most people are fit to make such decisions at the age of 16, we're not overly naive, and anyway we have compulsory sex ed to prep us (which isn't compulsory in other nations). Well, most of us aren't.
And yet I remember people thinking it was fashionable to lose it in yr 7 and 8 - looking back it's quite frightening...little juniors making out...*shudder*...
But does this further the perception of western women as being promiscious, easy prey...how western women are portrayed in middle eastern and asian popular culture...is really not indicative of reality.
An example being during the 2002 gang rapes...the father of the rapists pretty much telling the victims that they deserved it, 'In Pakistan girls don't go out at night'.
Discuss. But please, no racial slurs.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
I'm happy with the current age of consent. As you said its suitable for a mnodern western society.

BTW, what year are you in?

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
i have no issues with it.
It's fairly irrelevant though isn't it? people under 16 DO have sex, it happens raising the age wouldn't prevent it. Likewise lowering the ages wouldn't necessarily lead to younger kids having sex, just because you can doesn't mean you will

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
I'm happy with the current age of consent. As you said its suitable for a mnodern western society.

BTW, what year are you in?
I am not allowed to spam anymore thanks to an ancient BOS member.
But it's in my profile.
*points at issues* discuss.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
LadyBec said:
i have no issues with it.
It's fairly irrelevant though isn't it? people under 16 DO have sex, it happens raising the age wouldn't prevent it. Likewise lowering the ages wouldn't necessarily lead to younger kids having sex, just because you can doesn't mean you will
I agree. Just because a law is in place doesn't mean they won't do it. Who's gonna know?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
cherryblossom said:
I am not allowed to spam anymore thanks to an ancient BOS member.
But it's in my profile.
*points at issues* discuss.
An ancient BoS member? Who?

EDIT: Unlucky about not being able to do Hist. Ext!

Last edited:

Rorix

HSC
what we need is more law enforcement

i think we should install a 'dick cam' in each new born kid
ill have to think up a suitable monitoring device for lesbians, let me get back to you

anyway we pay some guys to watch the dick cam all day to ensure no dicks are being stuck in places they shouldn't be until the owner of said dick hits 16

we can also discourage little boys from touching themselves at night, and crack down on pedos

its a win-win
i think im going to go talk to Bob about it

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
cherryblossom said:
An example being during the 2002 gang rapes...the father of the rapists pretty much telling the victims that they deserved it, 'In Pakistan girls don't go out at night'.
So, working with that theory, because I'm not home before 6pm every night, and because I go out and because I drink and so on, I'm a slut that deserves to be raped?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
what I would give to use the scalpel from my dissecting kit to remove that mans reproductive organs right about now...oh, wait, in Pakistan, girls wouldn't be in the tertiary education system, would they? And therefore I have no need for a dissecting kit.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
So, working with that theory, because I'm not home before 6pm every night, and because I go out and because I drink and so on, I'm a slut that deserves to be raped?
I didn't say that, it's not my opinion.
I'm just saying that because of how western women are portrayed in the non western world some people get this idea.
Just like some westerns, in the past but I would not totally discount the present, the idea Chinese all have pigtails and eat people.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
lol, I wasn't having a go at you, I was having a go at the tool that said it.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
it's not a big deal because you cannot enforce it.

Rorix

HSC
hence my dick cam idea

i really think it could take off

Sophie777

hipsta_jess said:
I don't think he meant you were a slut and you deserved to get raped. It would be extremely hard to lose all your sons, don't you think?. They're all bastards and they deserve what they got and the father should be punished for not teaching them better. But I think the main issue was that he was bringing the norm in pakistan to Australia. I mean girls get gang raped because their brother has an affair... it is rediculous. Completely rediculous.

tattoodguy

I would like it lowered to 13............cos theres some really hot 13 year olds...and its really hard for me to wait for them to turn 16.

lol i recon once a chick has tits she is fair game.

The rape thing -- if girls wnata slut around.. and all that..and they get raped --- im only a little sympothetic.

mack

Banned
HSC
tattoodguy said:
I would like it lowered to 13............cos theres some really hot 13 year olds...and its really hard for me to wait for them to turn 16.

The rape thing -- if girls wnata slut around.. and all that..and they get raped --- im only a little sympothetic.
I really hope, for your own sake, you say all this shit just to get a reaction out of us.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
16 is fine, generally year 10.

15 is a bit young, there is a difference between maturity in year 9 and year 10.

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
tattoodguy said:

although i realise you're just saying that to anger us, i have to say it's in very bad taste. Rape is NEVER a joking matter, i don't give a fuck who you are or what you say you have NO RIGHT to say stuff like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)