anyone watching Sunrise just before 7:30? (1 Viewer)

Jezzabelle

Hey! I wrote in to sunrise soapbox about my disgust that liberals got power of the senate, saying there should be something against the government controlling the senate in our constitution. otherwise, whats the point of a senate?! are we living in a democracy or a dictatorship.. adding "not happy johnny.."

and they just read it out... unfortunetly tho i was too busy cramming Ext english and missed it :( but my friend rang and informed me !

lol I am so pumped now :)

phil2005

HSC
Hey.

Yeah i did see that on sunrise... it's a small world! I kinda agree with you to an extent about the role of the senate, but to counter that i mean they did get voted in.. it wasn't like they siezed control by force or something. The whole benefit of democracy is that the people get to choose... and, like it or not, the majority voted the libs in.

But either way good luck with Extension English!!!! :) :) :)

Jezzabelle

phil2005 said:
Hey.

Yeah i did see that on sunrise... it's a small world! I kinda agree with you to an extent about the role of the senate, but to counter that i mean they did get voted in.. it wasn't like they siezed control by force or something. The whole benefit of democracy is that the people get to choose... and, like it or not, the majority voted the libs in.

But either way good luck with Extension English!!!! :) :) :)
i dont think voting out of false insecurity and fear is democratic....

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
jezzabelle86 said:
Hey! I wrote in to sunrise soapbox about my disgust that liberals got power of the senate, saying there should be something against the government controlling the senate in our constitution. otherwise, whats the point of a senate?! are we living in a democracy or a dictatorship.. adding "not happy johnny.."

and they just read it out... unfortunetly tho i was too busy cramming Ext english and missed it :( but my friend rang and informed me !

lol I am so pumped now :)
So what do you suggest? We get rid of the Senate? It was elected democratically, hence we are not living in a dictatorship.

Rorix

HSC
jezzabelle86 said:
i dont think voting out of false insecurity and fear is democratic....

yeah i know, that 'Costello is going to replace Howard....oh wait we said this last election........HES GONNA EAT YOUR BABIES' campeign was really dirty. That's probably why people voted Liberal, because they didn't like false insecurity and fear.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Do the majority of people in this country even know what the Senate does?

HSC
dont bother posting about anti-liberal things otherwise the braniacs that are the sarcastic geeky liberal supporters will attack this thread, they just love proving how absolutely smart they are (even though they come across as idiots)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
How would you change the constitution anyway to make it impossible limit the number of seats they can hold while in power? How would decide which senators do not get the seats they were elected to. Or are you thinking it isn't elected and just placed in according to rules, either way it would not work.

Howard will probably pass controversial legislation but he isn't stupid enough to do so much it costs him the next election because he passed it.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
well the libs won the senate fairly...what would be taking it too far would be changing the powers of the senate to make it less potent...
I agree with that. The day Howard passes legislation "making the Senate less potent" will be the day I vote Democrats.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Would that be called an Impotency Bill? :D

Generator

HSC
N/A
Merely serving up a little more wine should do the trick. There is no point in spending however much to alter the chamber's role when a few casks of goon would suffice.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
dont bother posting about anti-liberal things otherwise the braniacs that are the sarcastic geeky liberal supporters will attack this thread, they just love proving how absolutely smart they are (even though they come across as idiots)
wtf? have u noticed what you said in my sig?
You're a nut job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)