Bush and Kerry - Policies (1 Viewer)

Which parties policies will have the greatest positive affect upon Australia?

• Total voters

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
There's been quite a bit of debate in the forums of late about the pros and cons of both Bush and Kerry. Unfortunately, quite alot of this has been confined to either "BUSH IS THE DUMEST LOLLEROFFLECOPTERS" and "KERRY IS AN ALIEN WITH ORANGE SKIN (i didn't actually see that, but im trying to stay neutral, and that tan IS amusing :p).

With that in mind:

Which parties policies do you feel will benefit Australia the most?

Which parties policies do you believe will have the most positive effect upon American foreign policy?

(since as Australians its probably best to consider the election result on how it will affect us down here, though feel free to bring up general American political stuff :))

Last edited:

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
There's been quite a bit of debate in the forums of late about the pros and cons of both Bush and Kerry. Unfortunately, quite alot of this has been confined to either "BUSH IS THE DUMEST LOLLEROFFLECOPTERS" and "KERRY IS AN ALIEN WITH ORANGE SKIN (i didn't actually see that, but im trying to stay neutral, and that tan IS amusing :p).

With that in mind:

Which parties policies do you feel will benefit Australia the most?

Which parties policies do you believe will have the most positive effect upon American foreign policy?

(since as Australians its probably best to consider the election result on how it will affect us down here, though feel free to bring up general American political stuff :))
democrats since the republican foreign policies mean increased tensions between the West, which we are a part of, and other parts of the world, increasing the chances of australians being killed

moseley

its a hard choice, i would have to say though that bush would be the better president for autralia as he and johnny have a better relationship. Also after howard backed bush and said kerry would be the wrong choice for the american people, i dont think kerry would be very happy with howard

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
I would love to see Kerry win. Although it would mean that poor little Johnny would have to establish new relations...

But, it's the way the cookie crumbles in politics! Hehehehe.

Coverage on Channel Seven/Prime is rather good. Direct feed to NBC's coverage.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
If it's Kerry's that'll benefit Australia more, then it will be because Bush's foreign policy is so damn bad. The Democrats are taking a pummeling in the Senate, so it's not as if Kerry will have a free hand to play, whatever he does. Furthermore, multilateral as his policies might appear to be, after what Bush has done in the last 4 years he'll still have to work miracles with the rest of the world to gain their trust again. This will be important for Australia when it comes to 'winning the peace' in Iraq, as analysts have been commenting that Kerry would almost certainly ask for more international (including Australian) military support to stablilize conditions over there. In the long run I suppose Kerry might reduce antagonism towards America, and this is especially important if he can somehow manage it in the Middle-East, but as yet he hasn't really provided a blueprint for how he'll go about doing that. Republicans have criticized Kerry heavily on this matter, but while Bush's plan is there for everyone to see, I really don't like it a bit.

Doesn't matter in the end I guess, Howard will support America regardless of the result.. which looks like it'll be Bush anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)