bush's humility (1 Viewer)

HSC
lol well since mr arafat is really sick, there was a rumor going around on some iraqi television station that he died.....bush was on tv offering his condolences and delivering a heartfelt speech....

not really that relevant but its funny

Last edited:

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Seeing Bush give condolences to Arafat made me cringe. It was quite offensive.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Arafat hasn't ben released from hospital. He's in a maybe-permanent coma. And so now the Palestinians are pretty well boned.

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
Unlikely.
I see Arafat as a devoted Palestinian but I do not see him as much of a force. He has been older and weaker and without the support of Arab nations for a long time. If Palestine is to happen drastic changes will be needed.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
arafat was not released from hospital. i just read now that he's brain dead in hospital. they want to slowly let ppl know that he died since they dont want his supporters getting too upset. oh well. hes had one foot in the grave for a while now.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
tWiStEdD said:
Unlikely.
I see Arafat as a devoted Palestinian but I do not see him as much of a force. He has been older and weaker and without the support of Arab nations for a long time. If Palestine is to happen drastic changes will be needed.
True, but he was still an instantly recognisable figure as head of the PLO/PA, actually probably the ONLY recognisable figure for Palestine, which is a major problem for the Palestinians internationally. There's also the possibility of a major power struggle for leadership of the PLO, and the possibility that the new leader will be a lot less accommodating than Arafat (contextually). You're right, it IS an opportunity for new blood, a resurgence of interest in the plight of the Palestinians etc. but I just can't see them being able to do anything about it, not with Israel or the world the way it is.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
its a chaotic time for that entire region and whether arafat lives or dies, being replaced with someone new i dont see a change in how bad relations are getting between palestine and israel/ and the inter-relations between other middle eastern nations.

he will be replaced and the same pattern will play out - there is a chance for new blood, but i wouldnt be so certain about it

Comrade nathan

HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
lol well since mr arafat is really sick, there was a rumor going around on some iraqi television station that he died.....bush was on tv offering his condolences and delivering a heartfelt speech....

No i dont think he was giving condolences. What i heard (i may have been cut of to the rest) was bush saying god bless his soul, and with the tone used it didnt seem it was in a way of respect. Bush being the religous zeolot he is, i think he has saying it as a mercy thing. Bush believe's you have to accept Jesus's to go to heaven. I think he has been taken out of context.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
sure it could, all out war, use of nuclear weapons (israel do have them...im not so sure on this?).......bigger and more terrifying death tolls

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:

oh I saw that.
Not really all that crash hot on my Middle East situ knowledge though :(

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
It already is all out war in palestine, i don't believe arafat has much power over other arab nations...
sure, but it could get worse on a bigger scale with more risk involved...power struggles, future relations/preparations

i have no confidence at the moment for that situation to get better, like most things it will take a lot of suffering and deaths to change things

even if it has been going on for a while, its far from finished

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The problem with the war is... that even if you advocate peace, your brother is then killed... and it is human nature to want revenge... both sides would need to first have control over all their people, and also stop....

So crazy, sad.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i know it never ends

the only way for the end of a war is to kill the enemy or for it to lose all meaning

and i doubt this conflict will lose meaning anytime soon because it ranges from political/geographical/emotional/long standing reasons that wont be forgotten

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
Does anyone have a link to a website which has the stupid blunders George Bush has made??

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I'd like to see how many blunders they could pick off you if you were in power... and you don't even have speech difficulties (for all i know)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
he was asked a question on tribal sovereignty (i believe refering to native american communities wanting self-governance) he got muddled up...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)