Ineffective Methods Adopted By Police (1 Viewer)

lengstar

HSC
http://www.smh.com.au/news/National...f-police-chases/2004/11/05/1099547388770.html

also

I was at the coroner's state office and this is an example of what the forensic investigator from America said:
'The was a high speed pursuit on Anzac Bridge and the young man driving then vechicle pursued by police crashed killing the young man. 50 policemen turned up, on took photos and the rest did nothing. In Los Angeles they would have only 2-3 policemen detailing the situation and cleared the wreckage whereas here it left the city in gridlock from monring til about 4 pm in the afternoon... i guess Aussies have a different approach to things here... more laid back...'

rather pathetic really.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
yes but the police in los angeles deal with this sorta thing all day, there's an entire cable channel dedicated to police chases around LA lol

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
What do you expect them to do? Not chase them? If you drive away any normal person would suspect you had broken some law and didn't want to be captured by the Police, most people don't have anything to worry about and stop. For example, the other day I was coming home from school with a friend and his mother. An unmarked police car pulled us over. If we had done something wrong would we of pulled over or driven away? We hadn't broken any road laws, but we pulled over anyway...it's the law.

HSC
just read on in the newspaper that a number of innocent people have died in australia (including a little girl) over police chases, thats because alot of police nowadays are negligent themselves.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Tell me what the solution is? someone's on the run... they've done something really bad, if you chase after him you will get him but there's a risk.

The only problem i can see here is perhaps they need more training, apparently for a while nsw police who hadn't even had high-speed training were getting themselves into high-speed chases :S

HSC
coercion....theres alot of crooked cops ALOT because they know they can get away with it...it is very difficult indeed to catch them, but well they gotta find a way to do it somehow

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I'm with Not-That-Bright. Give the boys some high speed training and give the run aways harsher punishment.

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I think there are actually more high speed chases in NSW than in LA.
^ that is highly unlikely....grand theft auto is higher in the northern territory than in NSW anyway....

L.A having less high speed car chases than any state in australia is like saying there are less black people in compton than blacktown

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Chasing someone who failed to stop when ordered to will only cause him/her to panic, and crash into other civilian vehicles and mow down pedestrians when the roads are congested and the footpath is the only means of progress.

Don't the police now use choppers to "chase" 4-wheeled offenders? Wait til he/she ditches the car, or run out of fuel, so that the chase can enter a phase with less risk to the civilian population. Choppers should be used in the intial stages of a pursuit, so the offender doesn't feel threatened by the absense of police cars, and probably let him drive at a slower speed and reduce the risk of collateral damage.

I agree with better pursuit training.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
if there's so many 'crooked' cops boost internal affairs.... i kinda don't know where you're getting this ascertion of crooked cops tho..
you don't watch the news?

i assume that's where he is getting the assertion from

tattoodguy

If you havent commited a crime...and the police try and stop u...and there is no legitimate reason for the police to stop u..
u shouldnt have to stop. i seee nothing wrong with people not stopping and leading the police on a persuit. also as the police are chasing u...............for no reason............i then..think u have the right to commit any traffic offences u seee fit in order to evade the police without punishment.

Thats what i think the law shoudl be.

Police destroy our civil liberties, u people are pathetic. soldiers and all that...died to preserve our freeedom and u guys condone the pigs tearing down the principals and freedoms soldiers died to preserve..........fuck u ppple for spreading ur cowardice propoganda and unrelenting support for our corrupt government and police force.

Our politicaians, courts and police work hand in hand to find ways to deprive the civilians of this country of our traditional right to live without undue oppression of our privacy and freedoms. Most of you people are scum and are ruining this country.

Random searching of cars and persons should be illegal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)