2004 election voter fraud? (1 Viewer)

frenchie

HSC
I hate to play into the conspiracy theorist arena, but I find something really troubling when they start to corporatise democracy. Putting your vote in the hands of partisan businesses like that Ohio-based Diebold who manufactured all the blackbox voting machines (something like 8million were used this election) that have no paper trail. The goddamn chairman of the company was on record a couple of years ago saying he hoped Bush would get re-elected and he would do everything in his power to deliver him Ohio's electoral college votes. Apparently following some problems with these machines in Georgia a couple of years ago, and findings that they were not a foolproof way of recording votes some members of the House sponsored a Bill regarding mandatory auditing of votes cast on these machines and a need for paper recording to facilitate this. It reached something like 100 signatures, but was not allowed to be considered thanks to the House speaker Denis Hasturt - R and the Republican majority leader. This is troubling stuff. By now you would have all heard the reports about the voting machine in an Ohio district of 600-something people, that recorded upwards of 4000 votes for Bush. They admitted this error, but you have to wonder how many others had the same problem but for obvious reasons go undetected. It may even be used not to "steal" states, but just to boost your overrall vote hence giving Mr Bush his so-called "mandate".

Democracy is hard...americans should fight tooth and nail to have paper ballots....scanners atleast...some means of verifying what is at the moment the unverifiable.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0828-08.htm
http://www.blackboxvoting.org/

frenchie

HSC
Hmmm so is it better to have a fraudulent result or a slow count? I know which one I'd pick. Okay.... fair enough use machines but keep a paper record so that people can check it for accuracy...100 000 votes in Ohio and a different President. You gotta wonder.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i didn't realise they didn't have papers, yes paper votes take so long, for a country like america they would need to employ a lot of people to get the counting done in a good time

they should have scanners though, i agree

frenchie

HSC
Just to clarify, paper ballots are still used in maybe 60% of states...and as a matter of interest in those states where paper ballots were used the exit poll results were accurate to about 1%. In those states where electronic machines were used the exit polls favoured Kerry, but the "actual vote" favoured Bush by upwards of 6%. That can't be a coincidence. I think Republicans are a shifty lot...especially the "architect "Carl Rove. They would do ANYTHING to win, hey when you have the Lord on you side what do you have to loose?? Heheheh. Seriously nearly all of those Christian leaders i.e. Dr Dobson, Jerry Falwell etc said God wuold choose Bush. Hahahaha you have to be kidding me.

Oh well...

HSC
frenchie said:
I hate to play into the conspiracy theorist arena, but I find something really troubling when they start to corporatise democracy. Putting your vote in the hands of partisan businesses like that Ohio-based Diebold who manufactured all the blackbox voting machines (something like 8million were used this election) that have no paper trail. The goddamn chairman of the company was on record a couple of years ago saying he hoped Bush would get re-elected and he would do everything in his power to deliver him Ohio's electoral college votes. Apparently following some problems with these machines in Georgia a couple of years ago, and findings that they were not a foolproof way of recording votes some members of the House sponsored a Bill regarding mandatory auditing of votes cast on these machines and a need for paper recording to facilitate this. It reached something like 100 signatures, but was not allowed to be considered thanks to the House speaker Denis Hasturt - R and the Republican majority leader. This is troubling stuff. By now you would have all heard the reports about the voting machine in an Ohio district of 600-something people, that recorded upwards of 4000 votes for Bush. They admitted this error, but you have to wonder how many others had the same problem but for obvious reasons go undetected. It may even be used not to "steal" states, but just to boost your overrall vote hence giving Mr Bush his so-called "mandate".

Democracy is hard...americans should fight tooth and nail to have paper ballots....scanners atleast...some means of verifying what is at the moment the unverifiable.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0828-08.htm
http://www.blackboxvoting.org/
yep if kerry wasn't pressured to give up then we might of had a different result

don't forget to mention that the detroit votes were supressed

HSC
frenchie said:
Just to clarify, paper ballots are still used in maybe 60% of states...and as a matter of interest in those states where paper ballots were used the exit poll results were accurate to about 1%. In those states where electronic machines were used the exit polls favoured Kerry, but the "actual vote" favoured Bush by upwards of 6%. That can't be a coincidence. I think Republicans are a shifty lot...especially the "architect "Carl Rove. They would do ANYTHING to win, hey when you have the Lord on you side what do you have to loose?? Heheheh. Seriously nearly all of those Christian leaders i.e. Dr Dobson, Jerry Falwell etc said God wuold choose Bush. Hahahaha you have to be kidding me.

Oh well...
someone should tell those hypocritical dumbasses that, from christian views, god does not approve of war

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
someone should tell those hypocritical dumbasses that, from christian views, god does not approve of war
Thank god ... someone understands.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
WOO! Here we go again! And with the same combination of people too!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
It's just pathetic....
You lose the popular vote by 3 million, you loose ohio by 120,000 votes and you claim kerry should have gone thru the courts, lost anyway.

HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Prove to me he cheated. He didn't cheat ok, so get over it.
have u read the study conducted by that uni in america if not go to my thread 'read this...'

walk the walk before you talk the talk

lying to the public to keep them ignorant is cheating in my books

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
I don't like electronic voting systems. I'm not claming that Bush, or anyone else tampered with them or anything, i just think that they're too easy to tamper with....at least with paper you have a recor you know?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)