What makes a leader (1 Viewer)

sayuru

HSC
i reckon the only current world leader worthy of being called a leader is the Pakistan primeminister, anyone who has not faced harships and understood war does not have the capability to lead a country in these times. Bush and Howard, all those cosy motherfuckers from rich upper class society do not deserve to be leaders, they have no authority to wage war on other countries unless they intend to go in there themselves and face the terrorists face to face, instead of randomly bombing hundreds and hundreds of random targets. They do not realize what type of enemy they are going up against, if a gun was pointed at thier heads, a trickle of piss would surely flow down their pants, meanwhile the Pakistani leader will probably grab the gun break the guys hand and make him eat his own fingers.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
is that Musharraf you are talking about

cos he, Karzai of Afghanistan and Mubarak (i think) of Egypt are the three most endangered world leaders. they have guts.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Are u asking this due to news controversy over Yassar Arafat??? I dont think u can really believe the media under such circumstances, the whole terrorist thing sounds a bit shifty with made up stats n figures.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
I think Yasser Arafat was a true leader...HE strived for peace for 40years with the Israeli’s but obviously it was not to be....i think we all know who to blame for that !

sayuru

HSC
superbird said:
im sure you'd make a great leader

ignorant idiot superbird

theres few leaders that have strived for years and have truly earned their place as leaders through hardships. i jstu dont believe bush, howard or any of these rich moronrs realize who their fucking with when it comes to terrorists and no i dont get my information from the "media"

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
How many of you here can clearly define a leader, in political terms, and without using the word "lead" in the definition?

inasero

Reborn
HSC
I think Yasser Arafat was a true leader...HE strived for peace for 40years with the Israeli’s but obviously it was not to be....i think we all know who to blame for that !
I'm not a Zionist nor an Arab but I think its clear that both parties are to blame for the cycle of endless violence.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
A leader listens to his (or her!) subordinates. He considers all possibilities and their consequences, and chooses the best which satisfies the situation for all parties involved, at that time. A leader is never cowardly, and never runs while his men are in danger (that can be reinterpreted in these times, I guess).

However .. because leaders are human, they succumb to human follies of greed, arrogance, and pride.

That's how I see it. A leader doesn't have to 'lead' by literally dragging his people around by their necks.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
I personally believe that in making war decisions that the minister involved should have some sort of military background if possible. It would just make for a better decision.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I truely believe Howard is a great leader. I find it funny that you bitch about them being cosy etc from behind your computer screen, sitting on a nice comfy chair...

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
A military background doesn't necessarily mean better leadership skills, even in a position of authority in a military group.. It means that perhaps tactically in a war they would be a better leader, but how do you "deal with" the people in your country who AREN'T going to war (in the old days, 'women and children', but I don't want to get flamed here:) ).

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Can someone explain why Bush is considered a good leader?. Is it because he appears constipated every time he speaks and this is misinterpreted as strength?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
I truely believe Howard is a great leader. I find it funny that you bitch about them being cosy etc from behind your computer screen, sitting on a nice comfy chair...
I agree, I personally think Howard is a great Leader.

anti said:
A military background doesn't necessarily mean better leadership skills, even in a position of authority in a military group.. It means that perhaps tactically in a war they would be a better leader, but how do you "deal with" the people in your country who AREN'T going to war (in the old days, 'women and children', but I don't want to get flamed here ).
I meant for a minister so he or she could make a more informed decision when dealing with the military.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
A leader needs to know, first and foremost, what he/she is doing.
I think some of the more impassioned posters need to stop criticising leaders baselessly, like 'latham is a wanker', 'howard is a retard'.

lengstar

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Are you going to join the army soon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)