some people take protesting too far... (1 Viewer)

HSC
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041107/ap_on_re_us/ground_zero_suicide

NEW YORK - A 25-year-old man from Georgia who was apparently distraught over President Bush (news - web sites)'s re-election shot and killed himself at ground zero. Andrew Veal's body was found Saturday morning inside the off-limits site, said Steve Coleman, a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. A shotgun was found nearby, but no suicide note was found, Coleman said.

Veal's mother said her son was upset about the result of the presidential election and had driven to New York, Gus Danese, president of the Port Authority Police Benevolent Association, told The New York Times in Sunday's editions.

Friends said Veal worked in a computer lab at the University of Georgia and was planning to marry.

"I'm absolutely sure it's a protest," Mary Anne Mauney, Veal's supervisor at the lab, told The Daily News. "I don't know what made him commit suicide, but where he did it was symbolic."

Police were investigating how Veal entered the former World Trade Center site, which is protected by high fences and owned by the Port Authority.

i don't know how someone could take their political views that far...and he was planning to marry as well....

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Ooooooohhh, the poor fiance :(

EDIT: Well depending on her political views etc perhaps she's proud? *shrugs*

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
"BUSH INSPIRES AMERICAN SUICIDE"

That would be a comical headline if it weren't so real :(

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
do they have.... any proof that it was because of bush he did this?
How's bout "Leftist propaganda leads someone into killing themselves over a presidential election".

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
yeh if your gonna kill yourself at least try to take bush down with ya eh lol
Protest against violence by killing someone? :confused:

ur_inner_child said:
Ooooooohhh, the poor fiance :(
I'd say she was lucky, look what she nearly married, a man who thought so little of her that he was willing to take his own life.

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
do they have.... any proof that it was because of bush he did this?
How's bout "Leftist propaganda leads someone into killing themselves over a presidential election".

lollll man it said 'apparantly' it doesn't say 'definently'....the article isn't saying it was definently over bush but its very likely it was because of bush..

and yeah he got engaged and he cares more about the election than her??? that guy was fucked in the head

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
he was.
More proof that kerry voters are stoopid.... passionate but stoopid :p
sorry :( i'm just backlashing against that average IQ of bush states thing..

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
he was.
More proof that kerry voters are stoopid.... passionate but stoopid :p
sorry :( i'm just backlashing against that average IQ of bush states thing..

if kerry supporters are stupid why, in that uni study i posted before, did they have (mostly) spot on views on kerrys foreign policies.....while the majority of bush supporters still believe iraq had WMD and that bush supports the kyoto protocal lol

jameseginton

HSC
Kerry lost, convinvingly. It seems that more people understood Bush's ideas and believed in what he thought. The only thing that kerry had going for him were a few celebrities. Kerry's policies were obviously rubbish, like the Labor party's and they lost. The democrats should look ahead and so should their supporters.

HSC
jameseginton said:
It seems that more people understood Bush's ideas and believed in what he thought. .
yeh well according an official university research project the majority of bush's supporters were completely wrong when asked about his policies....they also STILL think iraq had WMD

so take ur ignorance somewhere else

the majority of bush's supporters also said they would be for the kyoto protocal....they thought bush was for it tooo hahaha

and only 9% of bush supporters were aware of the majority of the other countries wanting bush out...the others thought everyone wanted bush re-elected...haha

also one of kerry's international views was that the UN and not the US should decided future government for iraq....which is apporppriate and right...

bush had the opposite view thinking the US should decide the future of iraq's government.....wat a load of fkn bullshit...he thinks america is the centre of the universe...fucking dumbass

bush administration encouraged the ignorance of his supporters by lying to them.....this can be considered CHEATING

Last edited:
HSC
jameseginton said:
Kerry lost, convinvingly. It seems that more people understood Bush's ideas and believed in what he thought. The only thing that kerry had going for him were a few celebrities. Kerry's policies were obviously rubbish, like the Labor party's and they lost. The democrats should look ahead and so should their supporters.

wasn't a landslide = not convincingly

jameseginton

HSC
I always see swearing a sign of weakness, maybe thats why the left wing parties in Australia and the US lost or is there a better reason?

tattoodguy

yeah im surprised someone hasnt killed bush.......................it cant be that hard...

I dont know why u would kill urself just to protects, its betteer to take down all the ppple u hate with u, that gets more attention ie like terrorism etc.

if you just kill urself..it wont be that huge of a deal...

if you chuck a timothy mcveigh or a 9/11 u will get the worlds attention and may inspire other people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)