Yasser Arafat dies in Paris hospital; age 75. (1 Viewer)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
How will this affect Palestinian/Middle Eastern politics? I'm curious, but I don't know enough about Gaza strip politics to say much at the moment.

Discuss.

HSC
it will cause all out chaos and there will be a, mabye violent, power struggle...its a bad time for such a good man to pass...arafat was good leader and good guy that was for peace...may he rest in peace

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
it will cause all out chaos and there will be a, mabye violent, power struggle...its a bad time for such a good man to pass...arafat was good leader and good guy that was for peace...may he rest in peace
That's what I thought. Apparently he's been succeeded by the Palestinian Speaker - I'm not sure of his political 'agenda', but I'm certain that current tensions in the Gaza strip are going to intensify, which isn't a good thing.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
ah they already named the new leader of the PLO

but i dont think generally we should worry about arafat anymore nor praise him.......at this moment there is the potential for chaos in a number of different forms

Bone577

HSC
N/A
hiphophorray123 said:

I second that.

A grave day indeed. The Palestinians cause has probably been damaged.

Arafat was very moderate.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
dark_angel said:
what exactly did he do
wasnt he a traitor to his ppl?...............attempting to gain peace at the expense of the palestinans and he was quite willing to give into israeli demands without a fight.........am i reading bias media articles

Bone577

HSC
N/A
joujou_84 said:
wasnt he a traitor to his ppl?...............attempting to gain peace at the expense of the palestinans and he was quite willing to give into israeli demands without a fight.........am i reading bias media articles

No you are right to an extent.

He was VERY moderate, he was very willing for peace. And was willing to give Israel ALOT more than it deserves for it, but he was still popular and very loved.

I mean put yourself in his position, there is little he could do, he is in charge of one of the weakest countries in the world vs the only non Secuirty Council Permanent Member with more than 200 nuclear warheads, and the 9th most powerful military.

No matter what peace he offers he was rejected.

Last edited:

Bone577

HSC
N/A
dark_angel said:
i watched the news, but i still dont now what he did

was he an israeli?
Palestinian, member of the resistance later President of the Palestinian Authority.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Bone577 said:
No you are right to an extent.

He was VERY moderate, he was very willing for peace. And was willing to give Israel ALOT more than it deserves for it, but he was still popular and very loved.
yeh i thought so..........

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
dark_angel said:
and why did he go to paris?
For expert treatment of his condition. Apparently there were no doctors of high enough expertise available nearer than Paris to treat him.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
Kwayera said:
For expert treatment of his condition. Apparently there were no doctors of high enough expertise available nearer than Paris to treat him.
oooooh ic ic

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
dark_angel said:
and why did he go to paris?
the israelis treated him like shit.............probably caused of his death, although hes had one foot in the grave for awhile now............he was banned from leaving his house or something.....living in crap conditions........anyway he went to get treatment...........didnt he?

Bone577

HSC
N/A
joujou_84 said:
the israelis treated him like shit.............probably caused of his death, although hes had one foot in the grave for awhile now............he was banned from leaving his house or something.....living in crap conditions........anyway he went to get treatment...........didnt he?
Yeah he went, the Israeli's won't even let him be buried in Jerusalem. Despite the fact that under international law half of it is Palestinian. He is being buried in Ramalah instead.

You should hear the crap the ISraeli spokesman was spewing about Arafat "He is the godfather of bin Laden and al Quida." Give me a fucken break.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Asquithian said:
Im not sure if you would call him moderate...from what i know he was a terrorist who supported suicide bombing...of course there is fault on both sides. BTW when he died he had over 1 billion dollars of foreign aid in his own bank

what a great leader:rolleyes:...his people starving him with over a bill in the bank...
from wat ive read over the past few yrs.............he seems like a pretty shit leader................gave up fighting for the freedom of his ppl so he can profit from his alliance with israel............played on both sides (pretending to support his ppl and pocketing from the israeli government)..........he seems to be the reason for all the trouble...........ahh they need a hezbollah in palestine

HSC
Asquithian said:
Im not sure if you would call him moderate...from what i know he was a terrorist who supported suicide bombing...of course there is fault on both sides. BTW when he died he had over 1 billion dollars of foreign aid in his own bank

what a great leader:rolleyes:...his people starving him with over a bill in the bank...
shit i never knew that i always read that he was a good guy who promoted peace and attempted to improve living counditions for the country,,

whats your source?

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:

He was no terrorist...there was resolutions 3314 and 3013 in 1974 which said that terrorism can not be labeled as such if it is conducted by a movement caliming to fight for self-determination or against a racist or colonial regime. Effectively meaning that calling Palestinian movements "terrorist" is incorrect.

I would like to see some sort of source on the 1billion figure, but moreso i would like to know how it is unusual to have a surplus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)