Want to live 120 years? Welcome to 2020... (1 Viewer)

superbird

HSC
We had a similar discussion on this in the jail terms thread. Since then I came across this article...

Longer life tipped in 2020
By Roberta Mancuso
November 8, 2004

A LIFE expectancy of 120, glow-in-the-dark cats and wiping out diseases with the bite of a banana – welcome to life in 2020.

Scientists say this and more is possible within 16 years.
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,11319941%5E1702,00.html

I'm pretty excited about this. A banana that cures diseases? that's pretty cool. But then how is there going to be a possible way for the human race not to become over populated?

Also for the religious enthusiasts out there, what are your ethical and moral views on this? Would you extend your life if given the chance?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
superbird said:
We had a similar discussion on this in the jail terms thread. Since then I came across this article...

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,11319941%5E1702,00.html

I'm pretty excited about this. A banana that cures diseases? that's pretty cool. But then how is there going to be a possible way for the human race not to become over populated?

Also for the religious enthusiasts out there, what are your ethical and moral views on this? Would you extend your life if given the chance?
Mmm...looks like the humans living in Africa will be extinct over the coming decades, maybe a majority of South-East Asia too

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
superbird said:
that's pretty cool. But then how is there going to be a possible way for the human race not to become over populated?
Wars, and lots of them :(

It WILL be a mini appocalypse, sending the human race back to the dark ages.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i dont really like th whole gm stuff. its not s o much the ethical or moral stuff its more about the fact we dont know enough about it to be using it. i just think its dangerous we dont know what itll do to the natural environment or our health for that matter

K

katie_tully

I know how to make a cat glow in the dark in 16 minutes, not 16 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)