Where do you stand? (1 Viewer)

Where do you stand?

• Total voters

Generator

HSC
N/A
This may have been done before, but eh, that's life.

Asquithian said:
Right
Neo_o
Not-That-Bright
ohne
Phanatical
SashatheMan
Rorix

Center right
MoonlightSonata
Lexicographer
snapperhead
Frigid
Xayma
katie_tully
absolution*

Center Left
Generator
Asquithian
Komaticom
Ziff
Iron Woman

Left
Comrade nathan
leetom
malkin86
Murf
Serius
Vahl3
zahid
Sorry, MoonlightSonata, but I agree with Asquithian's larger list more so than your own :p.

OK. Basically, where do you think that you stand on the political spectrum, if you believe that it is a useful tool for categorising your thoughts, that is?

I'll throw up an eight option public poll in a second or two (remember that the post appears before the poll does).

Edit: If interested, try the Political Compass, but just remember that it isn't entirely accurate. If possible, try and determine where you may be on the spectrum before taking the test.

Edit 2: The original quote is now out of date, but there's little point in removing it so long after it was first posted.

Additional tests -

http://www.orgburo.com/pofoquiz/pofo.php - PoliticsForum Quiz
http://www.ozpolitics.info/guide/fun/politics-test/ - Oz Politics Test

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
According to the Compass i'm moderate right. However I feel economically I would be considered as far right as you can go and still have some sense of morality in the equation.
Socially, i'm atheist and basically believe people should be allowed to do whatever they want, there are however some parts of society i disagree with.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Obviously FAR LEFT...thats general knowledge

Edit: The compass says I am exactly where Ghandi was.....thats pretty cool.

Last edited:

jennylim

HSC
right-winged. and authoritarian, according to political compass. in fact i'm as right wing as margaret thatcher and half as authoritarian as hitler...be scared...lol.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Generator said:
Sorry, MoonlightSonata, but I agree with Asquithian's larger list more so than your own :p.
That's ok :p

Mine was only to separate between left and right to show that, on the whole, the forum is quite balanced

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
jennylim said:
right-winged. and authoritarian, according to political compass. in fact i'm as right wing as margaret thatcher and half as authoritarian as hitler...be scared...lol.
Yes we gathered that from your religious conservatism and tendancies towards female repression.. which is odd, seeing as you're female, but anyway...

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
jennylim said:
pffft.....I'll eat u up anyday.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Generator said:
Not in this thread, zahid, please.
Sorry It came out with all sorts of sexual connotations...not my original intention.

jennylim

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Yes we gathered that from your religious conservatism and tendancies towards female repression.. which is odd, seeing as you're female, but anyway...
haha i don't support female repression...just their status within church infrastructure (shuts self up) but yeah the religious conservatism and support for private schools may have given it away.

btw thanks generator.

jennylim

HSC
no it's within the church. in the context of female bishops, etc - they should not be in a position of religious authority over men but they still can teach and speak and evangelise. plus it doesn't say anything about secular society, so a female politican/PM etc is pretty much fine.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Not every woman WANTS to be a powerful career woman, I disagree with what i believe to be one of the most outspoken faces of the feminist movement which seems to push this idea. It's ok to want to be a 'mummy'.
At the same time I disagree with the idea that women shouldn't be allowed to be in powerful positions, this is ludacris (there are some exemptions tho, i.e. in the church, as this is a matter of belief).

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'd consider myself hovering somewhere between centre and moderate right, the political compass says moderate left.

rumour

HSC
I was going to say moderate left, but according to the compass I'm left.

Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)