Card games? (1 Viewer)

levelup888

HSC
Anyone here play card games?

Like Yu Gi Oh! Vangaurd, Magic and whatever else?

I only play Vangaurd at the moment :3

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I still have my Yu Gi Oh deck from Year 5 or 6. I remember attending these Toys r Us Tournaments and you could win super rares ie: Buster Blader.

I don't play anymore but I wouldn't mind re-living my childhood again. Thing is, nobody ever plays anymore!

levelup888

HSC
I still have my Yu Gi Oh deck from Year 5 or 6. I remember attending these Toys r Us Tournaments and you could win super rares ie: Buster Blader.

I don't play anymore but I wouldn't mind re-living my childhood again. Thing is, nobody ever plays anymore!
Really? A ton of my friends still play cards! Mainly Yu Gi Oh and Vangaurd. And especially where I work (Gametraders) so many people play! I can't get the hang of the new Yu Gi Oh though with those Tuners or w/e you call them now. I miss the days when the best card was like a Blue Eyes or a Red Eyes.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

If only I kept my deck I would have challenged you to a duel :(

I play 13 and texas hold'em with my friends.

levelup888

HSC
I remember having the Shadow red eyes dragon, and you could sacrifice any other dragon type on the field to gain 300 extra attack to the Shadow red eyes dragon.
I never had that card but it would've been cool since I collected dragons in my deck xD My favourite ones were the Blue Eyes and the Dark Magician. there was also that... Brown puff ball with wings, I forgot its name T.T

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Really? A ton of my friends still play cards! Mainly Yu Gi Oh and Vangaurd. And especially where I work (Gametraders) so many people play! I can't get the hang of the new Yu Gi Oh though with those Tuners or w/e you call them now. I miss the days when the best card was like a Blue Eyes or a Red Eyes.
Wow! Would have loved to have a job at Gametraders straight out of high school (was a huge gaming addict back then).

What is this business with 'Tuners'?

I remember having the Shadow red eyes dragon, and you could sacrifice any other dragon type on the field to gain 300 extra attack to the Shadow red eyes dragon.
My deck was a 'target life points' type deck. So a lot of the cards were magic cards ie: "Return monster on opponent's side back to hand". Also had a lot of flip effect cards that did the same thing.

Was absolutely loaded with 1900 ATK + 4 star monsters, so I could just keep pounding at them without having to sacrifice anything. One of my cards iirc had 2300 ATK but 0 DEF!

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I never had that card but it would've been cool since I collected dragons in my deck xD My favourite ones were the Blue Eyes and the Dark Magician. there was also that... Brown puff ball with wings, I forgot its name T.T

levelup888

HSC
Wow! Would have loved to have a job at Gametraders straight out of high school (was a huge gaming addict back then).

What is this business with 'Tuners'?
Uhh I don't think I'm the best to explain it to you but its like OP cards or something. They were also called XYZ i think... All I know is that the art work for them is pretty cool but besides that I'm clueluess

HUZZAH!! That's it! Why did I think it had wings.. I swear I watched an episode where he summoned that instead of Dark Magician and I fell in love with its adorableness!! Ahaha idk how I still know this xD

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I remember when I whooped everyone at after school care with my Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl combo.

good times

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Mine was filled with random dragons though I can't remember any of them.

I also had toon world and toon dragon XD.

My deck was a 'target life points' type deck. So a lot of the cards were magic cards ie: "Return monster on opponent's side back to hand". Also had a lot of flip effect cards that did the same thing.

Was absolutely loaded with 1900 ATK + 4 star monsters, so I could just keep pounding at them without having to sacrifice anything. One of my cards iirc had 2300 ATK but 0 DEF!
I always wanted to play a game when I was little, but unfortunately at my school, everyone would just play the game where you would flip one over the other and the winner would keep both cards. It was so boring and I wish I got to actually play real yu-gi-oh instead.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
We should have a yu-gi-oh meat :p

However, I will need to borrow a deck.

Also, I remember having this:

And I think 90% of my cards were "fake".

levelup888

HSC
Mine was filled with random dragons though I can't remember any of them.

I also had toon world and toon dragon XD.

I always wanted to play a game when I was little, but unfortunately at my school, everyone would just play the game where you would flip one over the other and the winner would keep both cards. It was so boring and I wish I got to actually play real yu-gi-oh instead.
I had toon dragon but I never got toon world so it was useless.. unless I was playing against my friends who didn'tcare and just did stuff for the lols.

And wuutt? Never heard of that but that sounds lame T.T

levelup888

HSC

:OO We so should (but idk anyone T.T)!! I would buy a deck from work and just play for the heck of it xD

And that looks mad! Never actually seen that until now. And those days of 'fake' cards xD

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Iirc, there used to be real and fake Yu go oh cards. I still dunno how to tell hahah.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

I think I remember watching an episode when Kaiba (?) summoned that and he just kept drawing cards and then was like "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MY DRAGON'S DEFENCE POINTS GO TO TWENTY THREE THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" *sound effect as little popup on screen counts up to 23000*

and then he somehow lost (i forgot how)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)