PS Vita (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I just received my PS Vita and so far haven't been that impressed with Moto GP and Sly Cooper (the two free PSN games). I'm waiting for some other titles to arrive which I ordered online as well as my 64gb memory card so I can download Persona 4. Ultimately all I've used it for so far is PS4 Remote Play which isn't bad but not as good as my Wii U.

Anyone else got one or any experience?

On another note, I can't figure out why I can't transfer FF7, FF8 and FF9 off my PS3 onto my PS Vita in the same way I could do on PSP. I read online that you can transfer PS1 games but it doesn't even appear as an option in content manager :S

IcyRain

HSC
Had a PS Vita, but traded it due to its lack of quality titles. I find the 3DS much better than the Vita, with games such as Mario Kart, LoZ, Pokemon and Fire Emblem :inlove:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Started playing KZ Mercenary and thought it looks good, but I find it really hard to control with the miniature thumbsticks :S

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Can't believe I'm playing my vita alot more than my ps4... Even though I have FIFA on both, the portable ps vita means I can sit at a cafe and play rather than being stuck at home.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Bought one back in early 2012, played it once or twice =S

Bought it mostly because my PSP (on cfw) was amazing despite not getting much use early. (I also thought it came out of the box on release with support for PS1 games off PSN, but nope)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Bought it last night and I'm actually fairly impressed with the library.

It's definitely better value than the 3DS . Sony have figured out their digital infrastructure for PSN , especially compared to Nintendo.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Everyone's buying PS Vita's these days, how good are they?

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Everyone's buying PS Vita's these days, how good are they?
Provided that the majority of its game library fits your tastes it's quite a good game console. I have owned one since late 2012 and i haven't encountered any major problems, the console is sleek, display looks great and it has given me a few hundred hours of play easily

Highly recommending Persona 4 Golden to anyone who owns a PSVITA, in my opinion it's one of the best games the console has to offer

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Bought it last night and I'm actually fairly impressed with the library.

It's definitely better value than the 3DS . Sony have figured out their digital infrastructure for PSN , especially compared to Nintendo.
Agreed. PSN seems to have regular sales (and sometimes cheaper than physical), you can get PSN credit on special/discount every now and then, and the PS+ membership is a great way to try lots of games. Then you also have access to the cheaper stuff from PSP days too. Buying a 64gb memory card has also meant I can carry everything with me. Better yet, some games are buy once and get both console and Vita versions (e.g. if you buy PS3 All Star Battle Royale even on Platinum range, you get the PS Vita one... which works out to be cheaper than buying the Vita game!).

I personally enjoy the console quality games library (e.g. NFS Most Wanted, DOA) but battery is a bit shocking. Also really does feel like a portable Playstation. Haven't used Remote Play much as it's hard to read and the touch pad on back is a bit hard to use.

The 3DS on the other hand is very basic but I enjoy playing simpler games which are less intense e.g. Prof Layton games, Pokemon, Mario Kart.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
PS+ is fantastic but PSN tends to be inconsistent with presentation. Some entries have screenshots, some note the storage required, but this isn't available for all entries.

It's a disappointment compared to the Nintendo Store or Steam.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Ended up buying the PSP version of Midnight Club 3.

Still a fantastic game despite being 9 years old. The age really shows with all the jaggies, and the variable frame rate, but damn, I enjoy it so much. Was by far and away my favourite PS2 game back in the day.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Pick of the bunch for this week's sale (PS+ prices).

Persona 4 $22.46
Thomas was alone $5.36
Disgaea 3 $22.46
SF x Tekken $20.66
Blazblue $13.46
DoA $20.66
Atelier rorona $22.46
Demon Gaze $26.96

diyasan

HSC
The good thing about it is that you can still buy PSP titles and that on the PSN, which I love.

Anyone else have difficulty playing Gravity Rush tho? I got it just for that game, P4g, DR, & AC:L but Gravity Rush is just so touchy and difficult to play especially in terms of flying. Anyone else think that too or do I just suck at it lmao

MrTammoth

HSC
The good thing about it is that you can still buy PSP titles and that on the PSN, which I love.

Anyone else have difficulty playing Gravity Rush tho? I got it just for that game, P4g, DR, & AC:L but Gravity Rush is just so touchy and difficult to play especially in terms of flying. Anyone else think that too or do I just suck at it lmao
i think you just suck at it tbh.

Gravity was an awesome game and i thought the flying was easy to control.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
PS+ is fantastic but PSN tends to be inconsistent with presentation. Some entries have screenshots, some note the storage required, but this isn't available for all entries.

I find the PSN store loads much faster than Nintendo though. Nintendo Store on both 3DS and WiiU doesn't have sales very often and doesn't really entice me into buying anything whereas I bought quite a bit from PSN over the years.

That all being said though, I have barely touched my PS Vita since I got my 3DS.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A

Another thing that is stupidly inconsistent is the pricing. I have seen games marked up by upwards of $30 on the Australian store when compared to the US store. Whilst this doesn't quite effect me as i have 2 memory cards (1 for my Australian account and 1 for my US account) it really puts me off purchasing games from the store and pushes me towards seeking physical copies

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Imo, one of the best things about the PSP was having essentially the whole PSX library available if you had CFW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)