Chinese Economy help! (1 Viewer)

alexc2405

HSC
iv been given an assessment that refers to globalisation and its effects on the chinese economy
our teacher has asked for us to include up to date information and to use every source we can
iv got a few things from different textbooks but im just wondering if anyone would hav any information on anything that i could possibly use

much appreciated guys!!

cherrii--X

HSC
hey...

im doing the same thing!

go research on the net for stuff lik the international monetary fund for global stats i guess..

havnt exactly started...i got TVET HSC on monday.. :uhoh:

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
*Apparel workers in the US $9.65, El Salvador $1.65 and China 66-88 cents
*There are 220 million “surplus workers” in China’s central and western regions. (The US has 140 million working)
*China bought 7% of world’s oil, 1/4 of all aluminum and steel, 1/3 of the world’s iron ore and coal (China’s coal ore have very high sulfur content), and 40% of the world’s cement
*China is now the world’s biggest buyer of machinery (Germany benefits)
*Maglev train built by Siemens
*’At the end of 2003, US sanctions against Chinese bras caused the Chinese government to reverse a planned purchase of 3 million tons of US wheat.’
*China only has 80% of the energy it needs to run smoothly
*Not one of China’s biggest 340 cities met the standard for good air (top 200 cities met the criteria for dangerously high pollutions)
*Seven of the most polluted cities in the world are in China (WHO)
*Li Ruogu (Deputy Governor of the central bank)-“If you force China to change, it will hurt the US. You destroy a goose that will give you a golden egg”
*America’s government debt grew at $1.7billion a day in 2004. ($7.5 trillion)
*”China’s ability to attract industry clusters”-meaning that if one business in an industry move to china, the rest have to do so to become more competitive.
*China’s trade with the EU grown 25% in 03 and 40% in 04

leisl1990

HSC
i think u can write something about this year how china's been affected by the financial meltdown.
in the last few years, china had been growing in double digit rates.
this year, with slowing us and european economies, china, which is highly dependant on exports, is expected to slow down its growth to 7 to 8 per cent.
at the moment, what the chinese central government is doing is to stimulate its domestic demand with a over 800-billion-usdollar stimulus package( 5% of annual GDP)

also u can say china's huge trade surplus( part of current account) is a result of its intergration with the rest of the world.

u cant also say something about china's economy is influenced by its politic status as its still a communist dictatorship.

Lex152

HSC
Also talk about how its injecting 20% of gdp over so many years to improve its growth prospects (which have slowed because of a reduction in global demand).
And the only reason its able to do this (as mention above) is because of its trade surplus and huge foriegn reserves.

aussie2008

HSC
brazil

i know this isnt the right place to put this but i wasnt sure as to where to put it. so please if some did brazil as their case study for the first topic then could they post it on bored of studies.
thanks
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)