Using tables for short answer q's (1 Viewer)

copynpaste

HSC
Is it a good idea to use tables for answering short answer q's in Economics (esp. for discuss/compare)?
I know that they are recommended for sciences...

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Is it a good idea to use tables for answering short answer q's in Economics (esp. for discuss/compare)?
I know that they are recommended for sciences...
If a table is provided in the question, it is advisable to refer back to it in your response to supplement what you are saying. A 'discuss' will require you identify the key points and provide arguments for/against it - in this case you would use the table and pick out the necessary data to justify your argument. In the case of a 'compare' question, use the data provided in the table to point out similarities/differences and also provide a reason as to why you think these similarities/differences have occurred.

Machiavelli1

HSC
Do you mean for advantages ad disadvantages questions? for that i think its ok to do so. or split answer into two sections.

tumtoom

HSC
I made a table for a 'identify 2 differences between etc etc' in a legal studies short answer and I got the complete marks.
So yeah it should be fine as long as the question isnt asking you to 'explain the differences' because obvs that requires sentences.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Using a stimulus table?

Yes, you should refer back to the stimulus, if provided, when answering short answers and the stimulus essay section to boost your chances of scoring more marks.

Using a table to depict your answer?

Generally no.

Science allows stuff like dot-points and tables but for something like Economics, just use full sentences.

photastic

HSC
It is a good idea to structure your answer and all that but, if the criteria requires a coherent response, you can lose 1 to 2 marks because a table doesn't show this. Tbh, what's the point of using tables if you're gonna get 2/4, why not simply write a paragraph like response to maximise your marks in a coherent fashion which also shows your understanding and how you're applying your knowledge.

copynpaste

HSC
Ok, thanks for clarifying my q guys! (Y)
Guess I'll be safe and leave the tables/dotpts for Chem then, haha. :L

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)