How do you write an economics long response? (1 Viewer)

lpodtouch

HSC
What are the key elements to an economics response?

Are multiple statistics necessary in producing an exemplar piece?

Please respond.

Smooth Operator

HSC
1 - Answering the question.
2 - Report format keeps things easy for the marker to find. (e.g. subheadings for points discussed).
3 - Referring to key words in the question and keep coming back to them, keep information related.
4 - Use diagrams to explain points (when applicable) - this is a must as it shows you understand the relative economic theory.
5 - Keep up to date with statistics, use them to support your response and use only necessary ones.
6 - Define key words you're discussing in your body paragraphs at the start. (E.g. - the response is on inflation, therefore I'd define inflation).
7 - Anaylsing.
8 - Creating a fluent response. Practice by finding questions either past or making them from the 'learn to's', and dissect them do a little scaffold.
9 - Utilize your teacher - hand in practices and take on board feedback and ask them questions.

Check this out as well. http://community.boredofstudies.org/22/economics/323700/long-response.html

Also the sticky threads at the top of the economics forum.

I hope I helped to some extent..

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
Even though they arent designed for economics, the guides in my sig offer some good pointers which apply to economics. The only real difference is that Economics essays tend to be built more on facts and figures, as opposed to Legal/History essays which focus more on analysis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)