What is "crowding out" effect? (1 Viewer)

yma

HSC
It's something about the fiscal policy, right? But I can't find it in the textbook

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Crowding out effect : the offset in aggregate demand that results when expansionary fiscal policies induces the RBA to increase interest rates

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Government increases spending > higher aggregate demand > higher inflation > RBA INCREASES RATES > Borrowing more expensive > demand for investment falls

yma

HSC
Government increases spending > higher aggregate demand > higher inflation > RBA INCREASES RATES > Borrowing more expensive > demand for investment falls
It is demand for domestic investment falls, right? As a result, investors will invest overseas, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chocolatebubble

HSC
Uni Grad
When the govt enters the market as a buyer and then increases interest rates to massively high levels to get funds and the investors are like D: nope and effectively get pushed out and can't invest domestically because of it.

then theres international crowding out where the high aud prevents investment

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
When the govt enters the market as a buyer and then increases interest rates to massively high levels to get funds and the investors are like D: nope and effectively get pushed out and can't invest domestically because of it.

then theres international crowding out where the high aud prevents investment
lel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)