Economics Syllabus Notes? (1 Viewer)

aroon

HSC
Hi, I was just wondering if people are tending to do syllabus notes like sciences where you follow it super strickly or just following 1/multiple textbooks. I know that the eco syllabus is pretty shitty cos it is like 1 word for a point rather than a question like "dicuss..." so idk if it is worthwhile following it to a tee.

piethepker

HSC
N/A
At first, I did it dotpoint by dotpoint, but towards the end I would just do it under general topics,so, inflation, external stability, macroeconomics,etc. I found the latter worked better

jiujiu1123

HSC
Many teacher has their own structured notes that encompass not only knowledge but also discussions and examples, which many of my peers believes that it was really helpful, albeit I really don't like making notes and find its opportunity cost higher than just reading more economic essay and practicing./

SuperAltastic

HSC
Economics is one of those subjects where your notes have to be concise as possible with only the needed information, examples and stats. My note taking method was one where your write the dot point and then just note down the information that related to it and in a different coloured pen write tips in relation to the dot point and with a different colour some stats and examples. However as you progress along the course the dot points will be easier to join so combining topic may be useful however I realised when I attempted it that you often just write down a lot and often it becomes overwhelming to learn or revise in one go, so I stuck to the dot point method.

In relation to the verbs HSC economics essays don't have to be higher order verbs like 2016 HSC has explain as an essay question. So it is essential that all dot points have enough detailed information so that you can answer any type of question on them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)