Question about international and regional business cycles (1 Viewer)

Iminschool

HSC
Simple question here:
'Compare and contrast international and regional business cycles' (3 lines given)

SuperAltastic

HSC
Simple question here:
'Compare and contrast international and regional business cycles' (3 lines given)
The HSC Economics Guide to Answer Any Question:

Writing short answer responses and essays in HSC Economics is different to that of any other subject not only are essays a different stricter but short answers need to be written in a particular way which only comes through practice. This was the guide I used in my HSC to answer any short answer question.

1. Understand the verb, in this case means to compare and contrast i.e. find similarities and difference between.
2. Recollect information in relation to the dot point.
3. Look at marks given (lets assume its 3 marks).
4. Plan in the side margin or in your head the points you wish to convey, often 1 mark = 1 piece of content unless its a 6 marker. You'll get more practice and understanding on how much information to put as you do past papers and look over marking criteria's.
5. Answer the question in a short and succinct manner, maybe go one line over.
6. If you finish early quickly look over the answer.

Sample Answer to: Compare and contrast international and regional business cycles (NOTE: not the best one, this dot point is very obscure to write about).

The international business cycle is used to analyse the fluctuations in the level of economic activity in the global economy, this is compared to the regional business cycle which focuses on analysing GDP fluctuations in a domestic economy. The international business cycle is influenced by trade, technological and financial flow and so is the regional business cycle. In addition both the international and regional business cycles are weakened by protection, government policies and global exchange rates.

Iminschool

HSC

Writing short answer responses and essays in HSC Economics is different to that of any other subject not only are essays a different stricter but short answers need to be written in a particular way which only comes through practice. This was the guide I used in my HSC to answer any short answer question.

1. Understand the verb, in this case means to compare and contrast i.e. find similarities and difference between.
4. Plan in the side margin or in your head the points you wish to convey, often 1 mark = 1 piece of content unless its a 6 marker. You'll get more practice and understanding on how much information to put as you do past papers and look over marking criteria's.

Sample Answer to: Compare and contrast international and regional business cycles (NOTE: not the best one, this dot point is very obscure to write about).

The international business cycle is used to analyse the fluctuations in the level of economic activity in the global economy, this is compared to the regional business cycle which focuses on analysing GDP fluctuations in a domestic economy. The international business cycle is influenced by trade, technological and financial flow and so is the regional business cycle. In addition both the international and regional business cycles are weakened by protection, government policies and global exchange rates.
Wow, thank you very much for your answer and tips. I read through them all and hope to implement them in future

akkatracker

HSC

I know in the HSC you're not marked down for providing incorrect information as such but Global Exchange Rates can both strengthen and weaken the business cycle depending on where a country's GDP predominantly comes from (i.e. for China a weaker RMB is beneficial for them as they do a lot of exporting).

Also depending on the marker (or at least to me) you sound very vague. Personally I'd add a concrete example there.

But that said, I don't think this is a 'good' question. OP does it come from a HSC?

SuperAltastic

HSC
Yeah my answers was vague but I was just trying to do it in the lines which were given (3), but yes a concrete example would have been better to convey my ideas. I don't think it comes from the HSC.

Iminschool

HSC
I know in the HSC you're not marked down for providing incorrect information as such but Global Exchange Rates can both strengthen and weaken the business cycle depending on where a country's GDP predominantly comes from (i.e. for China a weaker RMB is beneficial for them as they do a lot of exporting).

Also depending on the marker (or at least to me) you sound very vague. Personally I'd add a concrete example there.

But that said, I don't think this is a 'good' question. OP does it come from a HSC?
Na, it came from the workbook 'Dot Point HSC Economics'

akkatracker

HSC
Na, it came from the workbook 'Dot Point HSC Economics'
Yeah ok I doubt you'll get that question in a Hsc (if you did it'd be more specific in what you should talk about)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)