Economics essay advice (1 Viewer)

dabatman

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone,

Just wondering, how many body paragraphs should one have in an economics essay, in order to attain a band 6 quality essay? I've been reading band 6 essay papers and most of them have 5 - 8 body paragraphs/ Can anyone give me some advice please?

Thank in advance

iStudent

HSC
I agree with 5-8, depending on the essay!

Essays like what are the causes and effects of ______ would probably need more paragraphs since you sort of want 1 cause 1 paragraph (and do the full PEEL analysis on it - Point Explain Evidence Link).

On the other hand, essays like the case study you could perhaps get away with 5!

Mind you, I did my HSC light years ago (2014) but I hope it helps haha

Also, don't think of the requirements as in how many paragraphs you write - rather, think of it as how many WORDS (or content) you have in your essay - because this is much more important. Paragraphs are only a way to organise your information.

phat_tar

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi everyone,

Just wondering, how many body paragraphs should one have in an economics essay, in order to attain a band 6 quality essay? I've been reading band 6 essay papers and most of them have 5 - 8 body paragraphs/ Can anyone give me some advice please?

Thank in advance
1200 words should be your aim for every essay - paragraphs don't really mean much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)