Italian or French? (1 Viewer)

_j-sbugs_24

HSC
Introductory Italian or Intermediate French?
I've heard that French is bullshit at usyd...can anyone give me some advice? Is Italian any better?

Scorch

HSC
I don't have that much experience with the French department at USyd, but I can definitely tell you that the Italian department really is brilliant. I have a friend who is doing Honours in French this year, I may ask her what she has to say about the department and post back here for you.

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
I do both. The Italian department is fantastic and very well organised. To be blunt, the French department (as you heard right) is awful, very disorganised, not very passionate at what they do.

Even though my French marks are much higher, I'd still say I prefer Italian. My French tute last semester was such. a. bore.

yours

HSC
I do both. The Italian department is fantastic and very well organised. To be blunt, the French department (as you heard right) is awful, very disorganised, not very passionate at what they do.

Even though my French marks are much higher, I'd still say I prefer Italian. My French tute last semester was such. a. bore.
what exactly is boring about the french? I've read alot about it on these forums as well and everyone seems to hate it. What is it specifically?? The assessment tasks/grading??

WileyWanimal

HSC
I know I’m several years late, but I too would like to know this, as I’m thinking of doing Italian and French at USYD.
Is it still true that the French department is awful? Why/In what way?
Thanks.

Positive789

HSC
N/A
I did French at USYD, and thought it was pretty good... (New times, new teachers??)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)