Does university of Sydney do a combined degree like UNINSW? Commerce/Media (1 Viewer)

rosievictoriaj

HSC
Also I absolutely HATE maths, I want to major in marketing not finance, accounting. I just need to get through the first year, is the maths really that difficult? Does it take up like 80% of the criteria in the first year? I only studied maths in Yr 11 not 12 I really would hate to fail!!

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Not sure about the degree, but there is a core subject for commerce that is quite mathsy (statistics), but apart from that there's nothing else that is very maths dependent. I didn't do it though, so can't tell you how hard/easy it is.

rope

HSC
N/A
Don't think you can actually major in both media and marketing through commerce, the only way seems to be through BA (MECO) in which case you'll have to do 3 majors (meco, something from arts, marketing). Check it out here.

If you end up doing commerce, there's only really 2 of the core units that are quite mathsy - BUSS1020 (stats) and BUSS1040 (microeconomics). You'll need to know/learn how to do basic differentiation, but apart from that nothing too serious.

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
Do arts. I know people at usyd who did general maths and failed our first year intro stats course twice.
If you put in a lot of effort, you should be able to get through though. Ater that you don't need maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)