New to B.Comm Liberal Studies HELP ME CHOOSE MAJOR (1 Viewer)

sparkyy

HSC
N/A
Hi all, I am new to B.Comm and need to choose my major already D:
I am leaning towards Finance, and Japanese from Arts degree. Need to choose 3 majors and I am so confused.

I would like to work internationally, preferably in airlines or airports. Please HELP ME! Also, should I choose Economics/Econometrics?

Accounting
Banking (new major for 2017)
Business Analytics
Business Information Systems
Commercial Law
Finance
Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management
International Business
Management
Marketing.

sida1049

HSC
You only need to do two majors to complete your degree. If you would like a third major, you should probably choose it based on what you enjoy. I have no idea what kind of major would be geared towards airports work. Anything like statistics, computer science, economics, management may be vaguely useful in that respect, but it really depends on what you would like your job to involve.

You don't really need to choose your majors now - you can just select some majors you may complete, but you can change them at any time.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
All of them can fit into an airline business. If you want to work in the airport, it'd likely be one of the management courses. After that it'd probably be a consideration of experience with related fields e.g. employee management, and other stuff related to managing. To get a job other than airlines it'd be through customer service.

4Indigoo

HSC
N/A
Hi all, I am new to B.Comm and need to choose my major already D:
I am leaning towards Finance, and Japanese from Arts degree. Need to choose 3 majors and I am so confused.

I would like to work internationally, preferably in airlines or airports. Please HELP ME! Also, should I choose Economics/Econometrics?

Accounting
Banking (new major for 2017)
Business Analytics
Business Information Systems
Commercial Law
Finance
Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management
International Business
Management
Marketing.
I know this post is over a month old but I just wanted to let you know that UNSW has a combined Commerce/Aviation(Management) course that you might want to look into because it's perfectly geared towards the job you have in mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)