Job opportunities for B Medical Science graduates? (1 Viewer)

ezywayyy

HSC
N/A
I'm starting B Medical Science at USYD this year and fingers crossed, i hope i would be able to gain entrance into the graduate medicine program later on.

I'm just preparing myself for the worst but if i don't make it into grad med .. then i'll probably have to finish off my med science degree with honors then start looking for jobs.
I've been hearing a lot that there are very limited jobs for those who graduate with a med science degree and most end up in low paying research jobs or end up as lab rats, which i really don't want to be. I would like to work in either a health clinic or hospital.

Anyway, my question is: What job opportunities are available for B medical science graduates besides research?
If there are any B medical science graduates out there ... what is your current job?

I'd appreciate any response and thanks in advance! I just want to know what are my options :)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
either research or academia

other than that pretty much nothing

Dylanamali

HSC
either research or academia

other than that pretty much nothing
True.

Alternatively, pursue further postgraduate study in another field of interest, e.g. Juris Doctor in Law, Masters of Pharmacy, Teaching, Nutrition etc. So instead of actually using the Medical science degree, your simply using it as an undergraduate degree to study in a similar of completely different field with potentially better 'job prospects'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)