Major/units of study for B Psych? (1 Viewer)

chickencoop

HSC
I am currently enrolling for Usyd's B of Psych (science stream) and it is asking me for a major and eventually units of study...

Any recommendations on what to pick and what basis i should be picking them on?

Is it what my strongest qualities are in science subjects, or to pick a major that will help me in obtaining my final goal of masters in clinical psych?

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Your major will be psychology. It isn't compulsory for those in the science stream to do a second major, but you could certainly fit one in if you wanted to.

As for your unit choices, apart from psychology and maths, just pick whatever you are interested in. All of the degree requirements and available units can be found here: sydney.edu.au/handbooks/science.

chickencoop

HSC
Your major will be psychology. It isn't compulsory for those in the science stream to do a second major, but you could certainly fit one in if you wanted to.

As for your unit choices, apart from psychology and maths, just pick whatever you are interested in. All of the degree requirements and available units can be found here: sydney.edu.au/handbooks/science.
Hi, I can seem to select a major in psychology so i went with a major in neuroscience... Anyway, im up to the units of study selection bit and there are a lot of different subjects i can selecting... do u have any tips or recommendations on what to take as units? ive called up USYD but they dont seem to direct you to specific departments/faculties so the call was pointless..

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
You could make an academic advisor appointment if you really wanted to.

But you should be able to find everything you need in the handbook. Look at the majors you want to do and units you need, and if you have any electives, have a read of the unit descriptions and see if they interest you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)