thoughts on my units of study for B Psych? (1 Viewer)

chickencoop

HSC
So being as clueless as i am, i have chosen a neuroscience major for the B of Psychology (honours) along with these junior electives/units of study... Any thoughts or recommendations? i made my selections based purely on what i thought was going to help me get through my studies and what interested me during the HSC (and my stronger qualities in science)

Capture.PNG

chickencoop

HSC
i was thinking of changing the physics into human biology as suggested:

"Planning for a Neuroscience major
Recommended: Human Biology BIOL1003/1903/1993, BIOL1007/1907/1997, Psychology (PSYC1002), junior chemistry and junior mathematics"

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
If your second major is neuroscience then you will definitely have to do BIOL1003 and BIOL1007 instead of physics. It will save you having to worry about prerequisites in your second and third years.

chickencoop

HSC
If your second major is neuroscience then you will definitely have to do BIOL1003 and BIOL1007 instead of physics. It will save you having to worry about prerequisites in your second and third years.
not sure what u mean by second major, but there was no option to select no major, nor did it say that i was already doing a major in psychology... there was only the option to select a major...

Thanks for the info tho, i will definitely change the physics* into biology, thanks!

Last edited:

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Alright, looks like the psychology major is embedded and they are forcing you to do a non-psychology major. Which is odd, because there's nothing to indicate anywhere else that science stream students have to pick another science major. I can't enrol in my BPsych until I've finished Summer School so I haven't gone through the process yet.

Either way, we both intend to do a neuroscience major regardless, so it's of no consequence to us.

Last edited:

chickencoop

HSC
Alright, looks like the psychology major is embedded and they are forcing you to do a non-psychology major. Which is odd, because there's nothing to indicate anywhere else that science stream students have to pick another science major. I can't enrol in my BPsych until I've finished Summer School so I haven't gone through the process yet.

Either way, we both intend to do a neuroscience major regardless, so it's of no consequence to us.
Yeah i think so... Anyway i will call them again tomorrow to see how to change my units of study (there is no back option ffs), as well as this apparently 'embedded' psychology major. Thanks heaps! i hope we can keep in contact because you definitely seem like you know what you're doing and what you're talking about :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)