Anatomy & histology vs physiology (1 Viewer)

adelaidecruz

HSC
Hey guys, incoming first year here. I'm doing a BSci/MNursing but I'm stuck between choosing anat or physio as my major. I wanna do postgrad med in the future so if anyone has an insight / opinion on which one is better and helpful for that, please tell me! :( Just need to know the pros and cons of both majors..

Oh and if you're majoring in Anat.. Can it be boring sometimes? Since you're so focused on just structures, as opposed to the wider scope of learning in physio.

Thanks!

Ployixi

Penrith Represent.
HSC
Hey guys, incoming first year here. I'm doing a BSci/MNursing but I'm stuck between choosing anat or physio as my major. I wanna do postgrad med in the future so if anyone has an insight / opinion on which one is better and helpful for that, please tell me! :( Just need to know the pros and cons of both majors..

Oh and if you're majoring in Anat.. Can it be boring sometimes? Since you're so focused on just structures, as opposed to the wider scope of learning in physio.

Thanks!
Hey so I've found in med that knowing your anatomy will help you breeze through it through first year but if you have a prior degree it won't be too hard to learn again. That's why I'd personally suggest to do physiology just cause med extends what you've learnt in physiology and it'll be easier for you to do well in med if you already know your physio

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

adelaidecruz

HSC
Hey so I've found in med that knowing your anatomy will help you breeze through it through first year but if you have a prior degree it won't be too hard to learn again. That's why I'd personally suggest to do physiology just cause med extends what you've learnt in physiology and it'll be easier for you to do well in med if you already know your physio

Thank you for your input! A lot of people have been saying that to me and I'm leaning towards physio now.
Do you study Science at uni too by any chance?

Ployixi

Penrith Represent.
HSC
Thank you for your input! A lot of people have been saying that to me and I'm leaning towards physio now.
Do you study Science at uni too by any chance?
I'm doing medicine :)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
well first year you will have a taste of each anyway which will help you decide
Anatomy is easier (as least for me) and I majored in it and it allowed me to maintain a good GPA.
Physio is harder but more interesting I guess, and it would be useful for med.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)