Transferring Uni as well as the degree (1 Viewer)

asadhkhan17

HSC
Im a first year Engineering student at UNSW, but recently I've been thinking of transferring to a biomedical engineering degree at usyd, since unsw doesn't offer biomedical engineering as a bachelors degree. If i wanted to transfer to a different uni and a different degree, how high should my wam be and what exactly do i have to do to get this transfer done?
Thanks in advance.

turntaker

HSC
I believe a wam of 70-75 should be good enough.

engineering

HSC
N/A
Apply to uac for biomed at usyd, in exactly the same way you applied to uac to do engineering at UNSW last year.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Im a first year Engineering student at UNSW, but recently I've been thinking of transferring to a biomedical engineering degree at usyd, since unsw doesn't offer biomedical engineering as a bachelors degree. If i wanted to transfer to a different uni and a different degree, how high should my wam be and what exactly do i have to do to get this transfer done?
Thanks in advance.
you don't want a masters in biomedical from unsw?

asadhkhan17

HSC
What I'm doing atm is engineering combined with masters in biomed. Honestly i cbf doing masters, and i really like how at usyd if you do biomed, then you can choose a 2nd stream. So nah, i'm starting to prefer doing a bachelors in biomed at usyd than go on to do masters straight away.

D94

HSC
N/A
What I'm doing atm is engineering combined with masters in biomed. Honestly i cbf doing masters, and i really like how at usyd if you do biomed, then you can choose a 2nd stream. So nah, i'm starting to prefer doing a bachelors in biomed at usyd than go on to do masters straight away.
The reality is that in Australia's very small biomedical scene, you are competing with peers that have a traditional engineering degree (mechanical, electrical etc.) and a Masters degree; and even some with a PhD. You will never be employed as a mechanical or electrical (etc.) engineer with a Biomedical degree that touches on another stream. What jobs do you wish to proceed into with a Bachelors of Biomedical Engineering?

Anyway, at the mid year, you can actually transfer to USYD via UAC using your ATAR. Easiest way to get in assuming there are vacancies.

asadhkhan17

HSC
Hmm, alright thanks. I'll do a little more research till i decide for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)