Media-News Journalism, anyone? (1 Viewer)

karennjack

HSC
Hey!
Is anyone doing the VET Media-News Journalism course? If so, how are you liking it?
If you are in year 11, do you think you will continue cert III in year 12?
Hope to hear from you!
Cya

hutcho89

HSC
hey,
u doin the media-news journalism course this year/
i did it last year, was pretty interestin!
how u likin it?

HuTcHo

kartika

HSC
ok so I was thinking of doing this course also...
Just wondering are you actually doing it now or are you thinking of doing it?
coz yeah.. I don't know I just need some feedback on this course or something.. coz it's not want I want to study at uni but it's just something I'd like to do.. and yeah I don't know about the whole 14 units thing (because I don't want to drop anything) and such and it not counting towards my uai.. so I don't know if I want to take on the extra work that could be potentially a waste of time..

gsfjgnslkjgbsdl

HSC
Im doing the course this year and it OFFICIALLY RULES!

if you are interested and seriously considering becoming a journo then this course is definatly worth checking out

my only regret is starting it in year 12 and only being able to do it for a year (the 2 year course gives you MAJOR credit to do a media course at uni apparently a girl that did the saem course over two years at my tafe was able to get into canberra souly because of that!)

be warned though, it counts NO UNITS towards your HSC mark, so if your only doing it as a hobby it is probably better not to take it in year 12

give it a look anyway, its pretty easy to drop if youre not that into it

PEACE

Lexii-

HSC
I did it in Year 11. Dropped it for Year 12 because of it not counting towards UAI and such. It was good though, lots of fun. I loved it. Lots of the kids in my class changed their minds about journalism after that and decided that it wasn't for them, but it made me want to work in media x 1000 more than what I did. I did work experience at The Chaser last year and am doing it at WHO Magazine and the ABC in general at the end of the year.

HSC
did anyone find that it affected your school life coz you have to miss part of school ?

im thinking of doing another tvet which is from 1:30-5:30 and it would take at least 40mins to get there...

Lexii-

HSC
I was lucky because it didn't affect my schoolwork, as it was held on a Tuesday from 2pm-6pm & on Tuesdays, the junior grades do outside school sport from 12.30-2.30 when school finishes, so yeah, I didn't miss out on any school.

BrittyAlyce

HSC
So if I wanted a career in PR or journalism, it would definitely be useful despite not counting towards the UAI/ATAR?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)