Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Entertainment Industry

Clockwork Army ClockworkSoldier's Avatar
    HSC

Re: Entertainment Industry

Quote Originally Posted by rick_au View Post
    Our schools shocking...in our hall there is a large elevated area at the back about (3m high), basically on top of the store room. This has been traditionally been the area were all the lighting and sound boards are located.

Late last year the school said we couldn't use it because of OH&S, the reason was that we had to go up a ladder to get up there, and because the material we that we were standing on was not strong enough.(which i disagree with)

so what do they do? move it all into the storeroom below! This is a enclosed room with only a small door at the front. In other words it muffles the sound of whats happing in the hall, and makes it a great place to put a sound desk /sarcasm

and whats even more fun is when we are running a show and the volume is wrong etc.....and the person who made the oh&s decision was the one complaining how shit the audio was.

Our school hall is a bini shell and because of the there is a echo, which makes in harder to judge the volume.

/rant
    Dude, that sucks.

My school had a proper bio box raised up about 4 meters for the lights and underneith, behind a huge roller door is the sound desk on a movable desk. The mixer is a 24 channel behringer (meh) eurodesk with space for an added desk. 20 headset mics all running into dual 500watt mackie amps through to the two mackie pa speakers hanging off the roof.

The sound desk is great on the movable desk cause the production team and the sound operator all sat in a line and we all talked over the intercom to each station.

The entire back of the hall was dedicated to ento.

The stage is huge and has full lighting running out of two DMX units...

The school just pumped money into the hall cause they've been doing musicals, concerts and shows etc. for over 30 years now.

I can try and get some pictures of the facilities if ya want.
    So men die under the mountain just looking for gold, some die looking for a hand to hold.

'It might be a fine thing to live over the river' thought Pin, 'but I wonder...

'Is it better to be in a beautiful house looking at an ugly one, or in an ugly house looking at a beautiful one?'

F.E. Higgins - The Bone Magician.

HSC

Our school has a 24 channel Mackie mixer, with 4 pa speakers mounted in the hall. There is about 20 wireless receivers with 16 headesets and 4 regular wireless mics.

There is one 12 channel dimmer pack on the stage and one at the back on were all the gear used to be located, we cant use it because it means we have to go up there and we cant bring it down because there isn't any other area fitted with 3 stage power. not to mention we cant use the follow spots as well they are upstairs.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by rick_au View Post
    Our school has a 24 channel Mackie mixer, with 4 pa speakers mounted in the hall. There is about 20 wireless receivers with 16 headesets and 4 regular wireless mics.

There is one 12 channel dimmer pack on the stage and one at the back on were all the gear used to be located, we cant use it because it means we have to go up there and we cant bring it down because there isn't any other area fitted with 3 stage power. not to mention we cant use the follow spots as well they are upstairs.
    Can't use follow spots? You kind of need to use one as it's a module for completion... Plus they're fun .
    So men die under the mountain just looking for gold, some die looking for a hand to hold.

'Is it better to be in a beautiful house looking at an ugly one, or in an ugly house looking at a beautiful one?'

HSC
    N/A

Plus they're fun
    You get over them pretty quickly though.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutezero View Post
    You get over them pretty quickly though.
    True.

Most lax job though.

HSC
    N/A

Depends what you're required to do. Usually it's pretty easy. However, some shows/designers use them intensely. Not fun.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by AusBluesMan View Post
    Dude, that sucks.

The sound desk is great on the movable desk cause the production team and the sound operator all sat in a line and we all talked over the intercom to each station.
    Is this roller desk something you can buy of the self? or is a custom made, because unless they renovate the area a desk on wheels is the only thing that will work for the setup at my school

HSC

I couldn't tell by looking at the desk. It looked like DET issue or custom.

I highly reccommend the use of the roller desk. Makes life so much easier.

the clown has no penis
    HSC

does entertainment scale well?

HSC
    N/A

Simple Answer, No. However, it does depend on how well you do.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by joeysmall View Post
    does entertainment scale well?
    Usually people who take this are interested in the industry and want to do it as a career, so many don't care about the scaling .

HSC
    N/A

Hence, why it doesn't really matter that its a VET course. Although, if you want to include it towards your HSC mark that, it does give you the flexibility to do so though, which is a good thing.

the clown has no penis
    HSC

okay so say I got a raw mark of 94 in general math and 94 in entertaintment. Which one scales better?

HSC
    N/A

Probably the General Math mark.

HSC

As far as Ent and scaling goes, it's definitely not friendly unless you go really well - a lot of the people from my class were disadvantaged by it.

If you're confident you can do really well (85+, band 6 would be especially handy) then Entertainment is a fine option for your ATAR - I got an 88.1 ATAR with my Ent mark included (93) and according to the online ATAR calculator that mark contributed just as well as other, 'well scaled' subjects like 2 unit maths and physics.

HSC

We have a 32 channel Allen and Heath mixer with 2 massive EV speakers and 4 smaller ones, plus 2 QSC Subs on the floor, with 6 wireless handheld Mics and 2 lapel Mics, along with a Phillips palette lighting system.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information