Business Service and Hospitality which one is more useful (1 Viewer)

Milkcoffee

HSC
Hi,I am a year 10 student, I just want to ask Hospitality and Business Service which one is more useful/ interesting/easier,what skills do you learn for each subjects? I picked Hospitality at first because cooking sounds fun, then I realise they are not going to give me certificate for it, I will only got 'attendence',so which one do you guys think is more useful? Do they give you time to practise touch typing on class? I do want to learn that though. What other skills do you learn? Thanks~

kietkiet

HSC
Trust me when I say this .... STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM BUSINESS SERVICES AS YOU CAN.

Here is why:
- 100% of your HSC mark depends on youe HSC exam. So whatever you get in your HSC exam, will be your mark.
- Boring/useless subject i've ever done
- Hardly any resources or notes available
- Stupid content/questions

For the love of god, stay away from this subject.

Milkcoffee

HSC
Trust me when I say this .... STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM BUSINESS SERVICES AS YOU CAN.

Here is why:
- 100% of your HSC mark depends on youe HSC exam. So whatever you get in your HSC exam, will be your mark.

Thanks for replying, I decided to do food tech now. Just out of interest, do you learn touch typing in business service? That's the only skill I want to learn from this subject. Thanks~

kietkiet

HSC
Thanks for replying, I decided to do food tech now. Just out of interest, do you learn touch typing in business service? That's the only skill I want to learn from this subject. Thanks~
I have no idea what touch typing is. I assume it's typing fast.

If you want to learn to type fast, facebook and play online mmorpg 7+ hours a day.

You'll be typing 80 words per minute in no time.

Smile12345

HSC
No, as far as I know, you don't learn touch tying in business services... :)

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC

Here is why:

This guy probably speaks the truth! I do financial services and we do Business Services Past papers(cause we don't have enough papers to practice on) and the content is basically the boring part of financial Services...I would hate that. If you don't mind learning Accounting you can give Financial Services a try, but I still suggest you go for Hospitality, doesn't seem like you want to do business for the right reasons, haha. (one HSC subject just for touch typing -_-, like the guy said, play Mmorpg's all day, that's how I learnt fast touch typing)

arshiyam

HSC
N/A
I don't think Business courses are half bad! And yes, some courses do include the touch typing unit. For instance, I got my Certificate III in Business Administration from Futurum Australia and the units were:

BSBITU307 Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy

BSBWHS20 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
Code Administration Units
BSBITU303 Design and produce text documents
BSBITU30 Design and produce business documents
BSBWRT301 Write simple documents
BSBITU309 Produce desktop published documents
BSBADM307 Organise schedules
BSBITU302 Create electronic presentations
BSBITU304 Produce spread sheets
Other Electives
BSBADM302 Produce Text from notes
BSBWOR204 Use business technology
BSBADM311 Maintain business resources
BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
BSBDIV301 Work effectively with diversity
BSBINM301 Organise workplace information
BSBFIA301 Maintain financial records

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)