Develop and Update Industry Knowledge (1 Viewer)

deenax

HSC
so i have an assignment for this topic and i was wondering if anyone has done it or maybe my school has made it up

it goes like this

Analyse the above statement with specific refernece to three influences and their impact of the hospitality industry.

has anybody done it? if so how did you go?
thankyou :)

flett

HSC
hiii,
i did a test on this question at my school. we studied it for so long. the 3 areas that you are looking at is
  1. Employment
  2. Environment
  3. International Tourist Markets
also relate it too current legislation (dont forget to use dates) and current media examples about the changes including and effecting the industry

bubbledye

HSC
we just did a practice essay on this same question and the above issues mentioned.

for enviornement, talk about the following:
-recycling of product wastage
- energy consumption, and ways to prevent it
- water wastage
- pollution
- sustainability "eco-tourism"

For an example, talk about how the Novotel in Sydney has brought in environemnt conscience items and rules to protect the enviro.

For employment:
- low wages
- high turnover of staff
- shortage of chefs --> female attrition

for examples, talk about goverment initatives, buddy systems for up-and-coming female chefs

For International Market:
- global and national recession, and the effects to the industry
- Diseases and scares: swine flu (2009), SARS (2004), September 11 (2001), Bali Bombings (2002), fiji situation (2009), tsunamis etc.
- For the aove, relate it to the effects on international travel, however, it has brought about an incline for domestic travel

for examples, talk about government tourist incentives (e.g $900 payout, specials etc.), advertising campaigns (e.g "BEST JOB IN THE WORLD" - queensland tourism, and "WHERE THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU?"- national campaign.

if you need any more help, just ask :)
sarah.hunton@hotmail.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)