Assessments (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Does anyone else get assessments in Hospitality other than me?

Do they count for anything??

woohohoohoo

captain oblivious
HSC
you just gota attempt it and hand it in, i think. doesnt matter if you come last or first in the class. they dont use ranking and assessment for you uai.

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
yeh we get assignments as well..but they are not given marks as such..just competent or non-competent..and if u get non-competent u get 3 chances to get it competent..so its real easy..

elizarose

Misturi, the board of studies says that you only have to have marks recorded for your trials. This is so they can use this in case you don't do the HSC exam. They can then use this to estimate a mark for your uai. My school doesn't make me do assessments, because we refuse to. But we do do presentations of our core topics. ie OHandS etc.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I got 29/40 or 29/35 (we don't know if it was out of 35 or 40).

Our school is forcing us to do the hsc exam, so l guess thats ok.

Thanks for your help.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
a pass mark is 75% if i remember correctly.
so if you don't get 75% in assessments, you just attempt it again and hand it back in.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Our tecaher is really flexible...we had to hand in our hygeine workbook for the first topic and if we missed something she gave us a couple of chances to get it done.

M

MrBLuEyEs

hey have any of you done the assignment on a particular hospitality industry sector?? if You have could u please help me wit it, even if it doesn't count towards anything i want to at least attempt it or have some idea of what i am doing. if you do have any info that might help plz email me at mr_blu_eyes@hotmail.com or just reply to this post, thx heaps

shattermenow

they dont count for anything, other than yr log book as pass/fail. the trial exam doesnt even count towards yr hsc, they only use the marks if you get sick during the hsc. thats why i love (d) hospitality so much, it was a bludgy class.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I find it boring - we have talked about hygeine for the past term or two.

Other than that its great!

smittenkitten

Poopinator
When I did hospo last yr, the only exam that counted towards the uai was the actual HSC exam:p The assessments just get marked on a 'competant & non-competant' basis so hospo's a fairly cool subject.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by BigŮgryWoman
When I did hospo last yr, the only exam that counted towards the uai was the actual HSC exam:p The assessments just get marked on a 'competant & non-competant' basis so hospo's a fairly cool subject.

I agree, it is cool!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)