I think I might have screwed myself (1 Viewer)

ParagonAZN

HSC
N/A
Yeh that's right. I'm starting to regret doing this course. Don't know where its gonna take me. I don't wanna work in a kitchen all my life. Can anyone can talk me outa dropping this course?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by ParagonAZN
Yeh that's right. I'm starting to regret doing this course. Don't know where its gonna take me. I don't wanna work in a kitchen all my life. Can anyone can talk me outa dropping this course?
I dont want to work in a kitchen either. I just took the course for the units and because l didn't want to do either Physics or Legal.

ParagonAZN

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
dropping?

u in yr 12 or11?

do u have 12units???
I think I have 10 or 11 units.
Adv English, 2unit Math, IPT, Senior science, Economics. And im in year 12 at school. I was told that only 1unit of hospitality would get counted towards HSc since i only started this yer.

^___^
HSC
u can drop it if u want

u have 11units and taking this off means u have 10. still allowing for uai (if u want one)

ParagonAZN

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by BigngryWoman
Hospitality...oh the memories. This course stuffed up my uai badly.
Are you serious? Does it scale u up or down? BUt was the year 11 easy?

i choose vodka

i do hospitality as well. Does it really bring down your uai heaps bad? Im coming 1st in my class, but will it be enough to do well? if it dosnt, im screwed; badly :(

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by i choose vodka
i do hospitality as well. Does it really bring down your uai heaps bad? Im coming 1st in my class, but will it be enough to do well? if it dosnt, im screwed; badly :(
Same, l didn't think it would scale badly.

zizievans

This course was designed for the students who wanted to the hsc but wanted to come out at the end with not just some bit of paper but a certifcate that says that they can actually do stuff. I wouldn't care whether it brings down your uai. think of it as a learning curve. you come out with a certifcate 2 which means you can work to support yourself and have a better chance at getting certain jobs. who cares about the hsc/uai thing anyway. . .it isn't the end of your life nor the pinnacle

smittenkitten

Poopinator
Well...from the hsc results they sent me, no one got over 90:p Does that indicate that hospitality is capped?:p (you know those bell graphs?)

Anyway, don't worry people:) If you're top of the class it won't matter at all. Honestly, don't quit just because you're afraid of a little dent in the uai (unless you want to do law or something).

Last edited:

elizarose

Originally posted by smittenkitten
Well...from the hsc results they sent me, no one got over 90:p Does that indicate that hospitality is capped?:p (you know those bell graphs?)
Look dude you have it all screwed up, with this new hsc there is not a bell curve full stop period end of story. There were people who got over 90 as their hospitality hsc mark but the only reason there were only 6 is that there are 6 modules to cover for the HSC exam and 4 others that count towards your national accreditation thes 4 are competency based and not exams based. Now with these 6 modules there is miles and miles of stuff to cover and these 6 people were great enough to cover this quantity of work and then have it all CLICK in the exam. But another downfall to the hsc exam is that it is out of only 90 marks this then gets fiddled with so it is out of 100. Which is actuall a disadvantage considering most of your other subjects derive their hsc results from 50% internal and 50% external. Where as ours comes solely from this one 90 mark exam.

angy_elic

Very Old Member
HSC
I do this course, I find it thoroughly easy and enjoyable. If you stick at it and try moderately hard, it is certainly not a hard course to do well in. And if you do well, it reflects in your marks.
I go to a selective high school and we have the highest hospitality candiditure in our area, so its not that bad uai-wise seemingly. Its not just designed for the technical less academic students.

W

whsmith

I regret Doing Hospitality Every Day...

I soooo wish i did another Subject. The scaryest thing about it was when i entered the first year and they said, "Not a great subject for a UAI, But then again, You guys probably dont want one..."

AHHHHHH
AHHHHHHHHHH
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Very very very Scary.

And i look at the people i have in the class, and see what they mean. Why, Oh why didn't i pick Physics...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)