Hospitality HSC (1 Viewer)

v sia

HSC
- anyone know whats gonna be in it ??
- is it gonna be year 11 stuff as well ???
- whats sorta Q do they give you ???
- is it hard? ????

Becc

what do you mean my "year 11 stuff" ?
if you did Core units in year 11, then yeah.
all the core units are in it.
none of the elective ones.
go to the board of studies website and see the past papers..

becstewart

The whole exam is based on what you have done over the two year course in hospitality..
The hospitality assessment is an ongoing assessment and what u do in your pracs and theory is all marked..
Hope that helped you in some way

deluded

Becc said:
what do you mean my "year 11 stuff" ?
if you did Core units in year 11, then yeah.
all the core units are in it.
none of the elective ones.
go to the board of studies website and see the past papers..

isn't there one essay at the end on your elective (e.g commercial cookery) though?

becstewart

Apparently because you do like 40 hours of commercial cookery or something there is supposed to something in the exam but in the 2003 Hospitality exam the yr 12's from my school were cranky because there was nothing in the exam about commercial cookery that they expected. So really, i think we just have to wait for the exam to come and then we can see what is in it.

elite_joe

we have been told to study what we have done this year and study off our commercial cookery book which we got last year

the xc3ption

becstewart said:
Apparently because you do like 40 hours of commercial cookery or something there is supposed to something in the exam but in the 2003 Hospitality exam the yr 12's from my school were cranky because there was nothing in the exam about commercial cookery that they expected. So really, i think we just have to wait for the exam to come and then we can see what is in it.
basically if u did the cookery strand in school it is in the exam. plus there are eight core topics that we all have to study (usually in section I (multiple choice) section II (short answers) and Q21.

last years paper did have one commercial cookery q in it! ~it was in the form of an extended response q, in Q22

if anyone wants they can have a look at last years paper on

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2003exams/

then go have a look at Q21
it is the worst question in the entire exam! :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)