Haccp (1 Viewer)

mandi_pie

I'm doing this really stupid compentency task on HACCP and quality assurance the question is:

Use this menu to answer the question:
Prawn Cocktail
Chicken Kebabs
Garden Salad
Pavlova with Fresh Strawberries
Identify the high-risk ingredients and explain how quality assurance, quality control and HACCP enable the safe production of the menu

i've bascially done it but im just not sure why prawns are high risk ingredients.... i know its becoz they're seafood but i need technical terms... if dat makes sense.... any suggestions would be great thx...

Becc

If you have information on seafood, look at what it is, see WHY prawns are high-risk and the measures that you need to take to ensure their saftey (eg. keeping the prawns chilled until service)..
ummm i'm not really sure what else.

elite_joe

prawns like any sea food should b kept at a low temp. cuz if not thay could cause serious plroblems 2 who eva eats them

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
From what l can see, the HACCP controls are how you are going to get the food to your establishment (e.g. delivery and the HACCP controls needed) as well as transporting it from the delivery truck to the cool room.

HSC
As u said, praws are high risk due to them being a seafood and many bacterias can grow quickly on seafood and peopl can get sick from it. Ensure all food is kept below 5 degrees or above 60 degrees at all times to minimise the risk of food poisoning and bacteria growth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)