Can't Study for Hospitality? (1 Viewer)

dawso98

HSC
Is anyone else having trouble with studying for hospitality?

It's one of my 'less academic' subjects, and a lot of the content I know from work and even train others in at work. This means I have a bad know it all attitude that I don't have in my other subjects.

How do I stop this!! I can sit and do maths papers for 3 hours straight but cannot for the life of me do hospitality study!

akt

HSC
Hey I have this same problem too, which is why I like to study with a small group of 3 for this subject. We just sit and discuss procedures and laws etc. to consolidate knowledge. I find flash cards are useful too. The papers are only 2 hours which is better than 3, but if you can't stand that just flick through one and brainstorm dot points for your responses, it may still help when it comes to the exam. Maybe you should go through the syllabus, and pick out areas which you don't know much about and study those - as lots of dot points in the syllabus are really repetitive general knowledge stuff, I find.

I agree about the work thing! Maybe when you're at work (if it's quiet) just think about connections you can make to the syllabus, and real life examples which you could talk about in relation to safety, hygiene, and the industry in general.

Hope this is of some help to you, and good luck!

dawso98

HSC
Thanks so much!! I actually found a few dot points I need to research as our teacher hasn't taught us! Probably 1 in every 5 dotpoints is missing

Taylah11

HSC
Hi i am currently doing Hospo, and I was wondering if you guys had any Notes on any area that i may be able to have a look at?

Thanks Taylah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)