Hospitality help (1 Viewer)

Courtzzz

Can someone please help me? what do I need to studt for hospitality I'm doing commercial cookery as the elective. Please help someone I'm aiming for a band 6

Lanz04

hey courtz,

i guess you just need to study the whole course - take a look at the syllabus - there's a lot of info in the hosp syllabus that isn't useful but if you look at the right hand column i think that should give u a good indication of what to learn...

try revising prac papers - i find it easier to make acronyms for things like the HACCP plan etc.. just read over you info, make summaries and i'm sure u'll be fine.. although a major hint our teacher gave us was to look at the news and 'update your hospitality knowledge' as that's one of the units... like world events e.g. Sars, 9/11, collapse of ansett, bali bombings...and how they have impacted on the tourism/hospitality of australia.. write some prac responses and include that info... it shows the marker u actually know what ur talking about..

hope that's helped! and goodluck!!
- Lanz

princessx0x0

THe excel books i got told are really good but not for electives (like commercial cookery which is what im also doing). But as Lanz said its worth while just going over past papers and going through them. If you get stumped on a question post it in a forum thing and im sure ppl will be willing to help :)
Good luck!

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
The excel book is good but its pretty basic, ask your teacher if she has a hospitality textbook, they tend to have more detailed information in them.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
It is basic when it comes to things like Environmental Officers - from memory l think it only had about 3 lines so for a homework question (that was worth 6 marks but l wasn't told) l wrote those three lines - my teacher told me l had to elaborate more.

Other than that the excel book is great - l studied the entire thing before my trial and got top of the class - its a great memory jolter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)