Factors Affecting Hospitality (1 Viewer)

Kerrie_Bear

Kerrie_Bear
HSC

Does anyone know what the internal and external factors that influence the hospitality industry are??? :confused:

Thanx peoples! Good luck studying!!!

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
I think internal is like the orders and teamwork and money and stuff, and external is economy, war, business, etc. - I'm not totally sure so if anyone actually knows enlighten me but thats how I'll be answering the question if it comes up

Becc

internal factors are ones which are under the industry/enterprise's control.
eg. staffing levels.
external ones are factors which are out of their control.
eg. terrorism - negative impact on h.i. because less people were travelling.

_manda_87_

HSC
Kerrie_Bear said:

Does anyone know what the internal and external factors that influence the hospitality industry are??? :confused:

Thanx peoples! Good luck studying!!!
Internal factors....
are those that are within the control of the enterprise, ie pricing, staffing, marketing and choice of menu items.These are all controlled by the establishment.

External factors....
are beyond the control of the enterprise...including

-industry regulations-
legislations egliquor and gaming controls etc

-economic climate-
when people are on a budget they have to be cautiousin relation to where they spend their money.On the other hand when the eco. climate is is good, people have more money to spend on luxury items such as restuarant meals or trips awayfrom home. This affects the services and facilities that are offered in the hospitality and tourism industries.
in other words when the economy is good, that is people have money, they are more likely to go on holiday and eat out at restuarants etc but when the economy is bad , people hav less money , they arent about to go spend money they dont have.
It also has a lot to do with the exchange rate.

-seasonal conditions-
this doesnt only refer to the seasons of the year but also other events or activities throughout the year.eg.school/public holidays

-environmental issues-
increased numbers of visitors to an area can cause damage to the natural enviro. as well as increased levels of pollution, while building work may overtake the natural landscape and create visual pollution.

-market needs and expectations-
wants and needs of customers change-it is this that then influences the facilities ad services establishments provide. changes include
-regular short breaks-ppl are taking shorter breaks to relax-making shorter
holiday packs more popular
-inbound tourists-the more tourists arriving in aus from a wide diversity of
backgrounds, there is a gretaer need for cultural awareness and sensitivity
in the tourism and hospo industries.

-service preferences-
closely linked to market needs and expectations, also relates to how the service and facilities will be provided.All establishments promote their facilities and services according to the preference and needs of their customers. Customers have a choice as to where they will take their business.eg.a customer wishing to purchase a fast-food meal based on chickencan choose from a variety of outlets, however it is the style , cost , taste, nutritional value as well as other factors that ensure that not all customers will pick the same outlet for their purchase. If customers choose a particular facility or service the business will succeed, whle unpopular outleys will have to cut staff or close entirely.

I hope that helps in some way, let me know if there is anything wrong or if you need more help!

I got my notes from the excel book.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Manda-

I was about to comment that those notes are from excel..l read them over last night!

_manda_87_

HSC
yeah i kinda cheated-but the detail is really good and the book explained it alot betta than would!!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I'd like to add to that list:

EXTERNAL:

Competition
Financial Support
Availability of skilled staff

INTERNAL:

Standard of service/working conditions

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
_manda_87_ said:
yeah i kinda cheated-but the detail is really good and the book explained it alot betta than would!!
Excel is great, thats the only thing l study before the exams l do - it has everything. The topic tests are great as well.

_manda_87_

HSC
i used to do the topic tests before a unit test in class...one time my teacher actually used one of the tests from the book!! i wasnt complaining...100% for me!!!

Fleur_R

HSC
External factors:

Social,
Technology,
Cultural,
Demographic,
Business,
Industrial Relations.

Internal factors:

Environmental,
Political,
Legal.

Hope this helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)