anyone doing primary 2005? (1 Viewer)

smiley_1001

HSC
N/A
hi guys, just wondering if anyone else is doing primary industries? what do u think of it? Has anyone got any good ideas that are interesting for work placement? Does anyone else want a good uai, but still doing primary industries??? What kinda jobs do u guys want to do in the end?????? any other comments or anything, let us know....GO PRIMARY INDUSTRIES!!!! ha ha

kountrychick

HSC
Primary Industries is awesome!

yeh primary industries is the best subject ever! i absolutely love it!

smiley_1001

HSC
N/A
Yeah, its pretty good, i reckon it will look good on my resume too coz i wanna do a rural course when i finish the hsc. What kind of field do u want to go into? Are u doing it at tafe or at school? I really wanted to do the extra competency thing of horse studies, coz i work at a thoroughbred stud, but i dont think i can do that now. I live on a farm too, its so much help, coz its easy to get the competencies for cattle production and all that. Do u live on a farm?? Good to hear from ya

smiley_1001

HSC
N/A
ANYONE ELSE DOING PRIMARY INDUSTRIES............tell us what u think, what etra competencies u want to get, and where u want to end up after the hsc....look foward to hearing from u guys..........keep smiling

08Melli02

HSC
yeah primary is great there are only 4 of us in the class 2 of us girls and 2 guys. but coz we're from a small skool we can't do that much all we eva do is a little bit a sheep work and tractor driving and fencing all the stuff i can already do. and it's also awsome coz the teacher we have is fairly laid back and we can do wat we want when we want.
where bouts are u from smiley_1001?

kountrychick

HSC
Yeh dunno what i'll do when i leave skool yet, prolli sumfin in ag coz i luv it, or otherwise tourism.
Im doin PI at skool (not tafe) , theres only 2 guys n 5 chix (includin me) in me class, (we did start wif lots of guys but they've all dropped out of skool). yeh i live on a farm, and yeh mostly run beef cattle, yeh which is great for gettin me compentencies ticked off. Where r u's from? & what sort n size farm u's on?
what other subjects u's doin?

smiley_1001

HSC
N/A
yeah i live on a dairy farm...also good for getting competencies ticked off, hopefully this year.
im doing
Primary Industries (by correspondance)
Ag ( by correspondance)
Legal studies
english adv.
maths
biology

what subjects r u guys doing

unstable

the killer
HSC
hey im doin primary industries and it is the best subject tht i chose :uhhuh: !!!!
the only bad thing is tht i hav to go 2 A different school to do it bubt the people in my class are heaps cool.

i do:
standard english
general maths
primary industries
textiles
food tech.

lub the unstable one :D

kountrychick

HSC
kewl,
yeh my subjects this yr are ag, primary, eng std, gen maths, IT and business studies by dist ed, and ag and primary are by far the best!!!

08Melli02

HSC
hey r ne of u guys lookin at goin to an ag college somewhere or to uni? i'm lookin in to tocal ag college in the hunter valle.
wat sort of things do u do in primary. today we went pumpkin pickin which was pretty interestin!

smiley_1001

HSC
N/A
hey! yeah i wanna be a vet, and if i dont get into vet i wanna do equine studies at uni and then transfer...what do u wanna do melli?

wrangler

HSC
08Melli02 said:
hey r ne of u guys lookin at goin to an ag college somewhere or to uni? i'm lookin in to tocal ag college in the hunter valle.
wat sort of things do u do in primary. today we went pumpkin pickin which was pretty interestin!
yeash i wanna go to tocal to, wat do u think of the place???do u think its worth the time cost etc, i dunno, but it sound awsome

smiley_1001

HSC
N/A
One of my friends went there and he absolutely loved it...i think hes going to do farm manager or something? not sure.

08Melli02

HSC
hey wrangler it would b great if we could get to know each other and our interests. i love the look of the college. wat course u wanna do there? i wanna do cert 3 in ag. it would be great to keep in touch

smiley_1001

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, whats hapeening in primary at the moment? I got all this chemical stuff, hmmm, not my favourite thing, but hey, thats ok. Oh yeah!!!!!!! i got the info book sent to me from tocal...it looks sooooooo good, i really wanna go, but unfortuately i cant : (
How good is this subject, i love it, its so easy most of the time which is so good coz it gives me a break from my other subjects. So where did u all go for workplacement? I went to a sheep place and helped with crutching it was pretty good. Keep posting ppls : )

smiley_1001

HSC
N/A
Hey guess what! its not long now until the tocal open day! im so excited 4 u ppl...it looks soooo good. How much more of the PI course do u ppl have to do, i think ive got about 5 core competencies to do yet. How good is it that the trial doesnt count, only the hsc exam...relief! Keep posting ppl, even if u dont have much to say, just come say hello!

shortycooper

In Front Of Computer (Tele Point/Kempsey)
HSC
I Do P.I

hey guys. ok i do primary industries, it would be my fave subject except the teacher i have is an absolute TOOL! i swear to god we have spent about 80% of the two year course doing theory. he always gets side tracked and it takes about a term to do a topic. only his opinion is ever right and he refuses to teach us anything unless its his way! for work placement i have gone to 3 different vets (one i went to twice) (the others were pretty crap, iw ouldnt go bak), and a dairy farm ( i just loved getting up at 5 every morning :) NOT) i also do drama, standard maths, standard english and biology and animal studies thru distance. im hoping to get into uni to become a vet, but if not im going to get into farm management.
i looked at the price of tocal and it is highly overpriced compared to the other options available.
well hope to talk to you all sum time

Keepin' It Country
xxxSHORTYxxx

Last edited:

smiley_1001

HSC
N/A
Hey,
i wanna b a vet too! and i live on a dairy farm, but i dont get up at 5 every morning haha! What school do u go to shorty? I do ag and primary through distance ed, i love it! write back soon pplz!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)