Accounting overview please (1 Viewer)

tau281290

HSC
I am only a year 10 student this year and planning to choose accounting as one of my HSC subjects, if I happened to get it. Currently I am only hearing rumours about this course.

Can someoen please give me an overview of how the procedure works about getting into accounting.
Do you need to contact the TAFE personally or your career advisor will?
Do you need to do a test before they will accept you?
What sort of work do you do for accounting at TAFE?
Is the course very demanding?
How many classes are there and how big is one class?
Do you end up missing other classes because of accounting?
Do you get some sort of exemptions in uni after you finish this course?

I have no idea whatsoever about TVET courses and the description of each course isn't very thoroughly stated on the booklet I got. I hope some experienced persons can answer my questions. I am looking forward to accounting.

thx

HSC
tau281290 said:
I am only a year 10 student this year and planning to choose accounting as one of my HSC subjects, if I happened to get it. Currently I am only hearing rumours about this course.

Can someoen please give me an overview of how the procedure works about getting into accounting.
Do you need to contact the TAFE personally or your career advisor will?
Do you need to do a test before they will accept you?
What sort of work do you do for accounting at TAFE?
Is the course very demanding?
How many classes are there and how big is one class?
Do you end up missing other classes because of accounting?
Do you get some sort of exemptions in uni after you finish this course?

I have no idea whatsoever about TVET courses and the description of each course isn't very thoroughly stated on the booklet I got. I hope some experienced persons can answer my questions. I am looking forward to accounting.

thx

Hi ,

well me personally i would recommend you to take this course..
overview.. well you learn heaps .. haha .. incl. general legder, trial balance, closing entreies... ummm heaps haha .. cant rembs sorry

dont you have to fill in a form for the school? well my scholl did that..

NO.... who told you, there was an exam to do the course.. a MYTH

course demanding YESHHH cause you do the HSC in November .. i gotta say it was quite stressing .. in a way but we had an awesome teacher

missing classes depneds on your scholl .. i know Cherrybrook missed classes so as HOrnsby girls...

but my school .. we missed out on sport.. ANd we had to fill in a bookliket... -_- i still owe the sckool 100 hours --_-"

exemptiosn .. i dont know about that.. sorry...

anywho .. hope you enjoy Accounting.. casue you also get to meet new people lolz... ^^

tCC...
xoxo

HSC
politik said:
Oh God, my head hurts.

You don't need to sit any VET examination. But it's in your best interests to do so.

Yeah . Wow Bachelor of Eco/ Arts ... i have my economics trials in 2 days

Safiya

As Shadows Fall
HSC
DUDE! way too many questions. DO IT if your thinking bout going to uni to do accounting... ull hardly have to study in the 1st year for ur accounting subjects, otherwise Id say dont bother. You usually get in on the school's recommendation based on your marks... and the best thing is there is no proper final exam for this subject... so ur 1 exam down for when the HSC is around.

HSC
Safiya said:
DUDE! way too many questions. DO IT if your thinking bout going to uni to do accounting... ull hardly have to study in the 1st year for ur accounting subjects, otherwise Id say dont bother. You usually get in on the school's recommendation based on your marks... and the best thing is there is no proper final exam for this subject... so ur 1 exam down for when the HSC is around.

Woahh .. your doing the course i want to do =P is it good? which campus do you go to? so first year is what we have learnt for the HSC right? Im going to Parra. tommorow to find out about that cousre, yo know whats the difference between the BBusiness and BBusiness Accoutning/

Thanks heaps.

aileenli

HSC
I thought the accounting course was hard :( but it feels good to have it over and done with in yr 11...although the business computing and MYOB in year 12 is the most boring crap ever....seriously, do we really need to spend 4 hrs learning about Word?

The first year was all the hard work, but the second year is a big waste of time...unless u finish it early in the hols like lilkiwicutie89 - how did ur class get to finish it early anyways?

i'm doing accounting with absolutely no intention of continuing it in uni...i guess it was good i did it coz now i know how boring working as an accountant would be...

HSC
aileenli said:
I thought the accounting course was hard :( but it feels good to have it over and done with in yr 11...although the business computing and MYOB in year 12 is the most boring crap ever....seriously, do we really need to spend 4 hrs learning about Word?

The first year was all the hard work, but the second year is a big waste of time...unless u finish it early in the hols like lilkiwicutie89 - how did ur class get to finish it early anyways?

i'm doing accounting with absolutely no intention of continuing it in uni...i guess it was good i did it coz now i know how boring working as an accountant would be...
Yeah true year 11 was hard... BUT didnt you guys get a chance., i remember Mary told me that you guys could come to my class.. right? ohh ... WORD OMGMGMMGMG my class took nearly 2 hours to complete that exam... we are sooooo like peadantic about the little things///

Yeahh ... but i sorta miss accoutning.. * i know that sounds corny btw * but my teacher was awesomeee,,,..

hows computer accuting for you guys? i heard that you can redo the exams right??? OMGMMG SOO UNFAIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....

take care...

aileenli

HSC
hee hee...yeah we re-sat a lot of exams...esp. me, raised my credit to a distinction - 91% in computer accounting. the other business computing is a bloody waste of time! I could seriously spend 4 hrs doing something else apart from downloading music.

Your teacher lied to me! did she tell u we could change classes? coz i seriously wrote an email to both jenny and ur teacher but apparently, 'there were no spaces left'...yeah right who do they think they were kidding? stupid jenny bitch...she just didnt like us coz we made two teachers leave. yes i am still bitter about it.

My plan for business computing is to just keep on resitting the exams till i get full marks coz the teacher doesnt bother to set new exams - therefore, i can have as many goes as i want in changing my mark. i did that for MYOB, i got like 70 something, but resat two tests to get like 20 marks...

HSC
aileenli said:
hee hee...yeah we re-sat a lot of exams...esp. me, raised my credit to a distinction - 91% in computer accounting. the other business computing is a bloody waste of time! I could seriously spend 4 hrs doing something else apart from downloading music.

Your teacher lied to me! did she tell u we could change classes? coz i seriously wrote an email to both jenny and ur teacher but apparently, 'there were no spaces left'...yeah right who do they think they were kidding? stupid jenny bitch...she just didnt like us coz we made two teachers leave. yes i am still bitter about it.

My plan for business computing is to just keep on resitting the exams till i get full marks coz the teacher doesnt bother to set new exams - therefore, i can have as many goes as i want in changing my mark. i did that for MYOB, i got like 70 something, but resat two tests to get like 20 marks...
Oh yeahh there WERE limited spaces/// OMGMGMGMMGMG becasue i got one 18.5/25 .. thats why my MYOB was only 84% .. hope i get a distrincition .. but for computing acocutnign i got 98% hehe .. i had such stupid mistakes though GRRHHH... BUT MY MYOB is not that good.. man that program is confusing !!!>..

hey you going to economics right? see you there !!

aileenli

HSC
yeah...tuesday for economics....

wasnt MYOB 20% and business accounting 10%? i havent even started teh assignments, and am planning on bunking tafe on tuesday (excel test) hee hee

HSC
aileenli said:
yeah...tuesday for economics....

wasnt MYOB 20% and business accounting 10%? i havent even started teh assignments, and am planning on bunking tafe on tuesday (excel test) hee hee

LUCky mann .,.,,, redo exams if i could i would.. BUT i bet HElen would change it ..
but i reckon myob is so complicated.. even with notesss... ... but

* dream job droolllsss.... *

cya tommorow... m***... looking for hot guys ?? =p

aileenli

HSC
ha ha...hot guys in an economics lecture? i think not....

wow you serious about accounting huh? i want to do accounting or law, but for the money not coz i love it.

HSC
aileenli said:
ha ha...hot guys in an economics lecture? i think not....

wow you serious about accounting huh? i want to do accounting or law, but for the money not coz i love it.

lolz.... really money.?? hmm .. not much so.. i like accounting ..

aileenli

HSC
well...i guess you would have to love money to want to be an accountant, seeing as accounting is mainly to do with business....and of course money! i bet fluffie has a lot to say on this topic....if she tracks me down to here

HSC
aileenli said:
well...i guess you would have to love money to want to be an accountant, seeing as accounting is mainly to do with business....and of course money! i bet fluffie has a lot to say on this topic....if she tracks me down to here

mhh.... i guess in a way... but its fun lolz.. Yeahhhh fluffie .. tracked this down YET??? * looks around* ..

:)

Cheers

aileenli

HSC
ahhhh....u must come from a very different planet if u find debits and credits 'fun'.

aieee...fluffie is tracking down all of my comments on this website and reading it...i suppose she must be very bored. maybe, just maybe, she is looking to dish some dirt on me?? sigh...i guess she cant find all my posts in one day....

HSC
aileenli said:
ahhhh....u must come from a very different planet if u find debits and credits 'fun'.

aieee...fluffie is tracking down all of my comments on this website and reading it...i suppose she must be very bored. maybe, just maybe, she is looking to dish some dirt on me?? sigh...i guess she cant find all my posts in one day....

lolz... BUT i thought she was watching Korean movies?? Nahh fluffie aint that slack is she??? .. nhh doubt it .............................

your too innnocent to dish out dirt on you man !!!

haha debits <3 credits.. ive liike forgotten dR vS cR

Cheers.

shazeh

HSC
iam too thinking of doing accounting only that it is a british course ( cambridge). well i did go through the first two topics and its pretty much easy. you must take this subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)