Exam thoughts for Accounting Procedures Final (1 Viewer)

hen123

HSC
Phew, it was a fair test and lucky enough the sections which, I did not focus much on and hoped did not come up, didn't. :D
There was plenty of time remaining for any students with a decent knowledge of accounting. I'm just wondering, did anyone get the chance to write their answers on some scrap paper. Well, I did...(for a couple of Questions)
I just need confirmation to see how i went, please post your answers...
Thankyou, much appreciated.
Yay, that's 2 units down my bag, 8 more to go!

footballstar

HSC
Did you get the answers for the income statement question?

Specifically the one on prepaid insurance?

hen123

HSC
wait, which question are you talking about, the balance day adjustment(amount)? or the amount in the income statement

hen123

HSC
I took 2 months out of the 4200 as being expense prepaid and therefore had this in my general journal:
Expense prepaid 700
Insurance 700

and therefore i had 3500 in my income statement.

Last edited:

hen123

HSC
well, thats 2 marks for the general journal entry and probably another mark for the error you incurred in the income statement. Therefore probably 3 Marks gone there.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
hen123 said:
I took 2 months out of the 4200 as being expense prepaid and therefore had this in my general journal:
Expense prepaid 700
Insurance 700

and therefore i had 3500 in my income statement.

Yeah i did that as well! woo hoo!

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
hey did you get $106 for doubtful debts? apparently my friend got something different and so yeah

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
oh yeah and did you include the adjusted doubtful debt in to the income statement, the financial and borrowing? because it was an adjustment so that means it hasnt been included right?

juyoung=)

HSC
Buiboi said:
hey did you get $106 for doubtful debts? apparently my friend got something different and so yeah
you had to decrease ur calculated doubtful debt from the provisions for doubtful debt account,, i got that wrong LOL

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
wait i did that though...like 3% of A/C rec (which is not minused as there were no additional bad debts) and you get like $318 and then from here you subtact the provision for doubtful debts which is $212 and from this you get $106? or did i do somethign wrong?

squiRtle2006

HSC
Hay.. i do TVET accounting too.. do any of you know how accounting scales.. sum1 told me it scales like really high, and hten some told me that it like scales super low coz its a tafe course.. i'm confused >.<... :confused: anyway.. hehe i remebe rhte final exam.. it was cool... >.<
i love TAFe!!.. how fun is it!!.. where od u guyz go ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)