How does Accounting count in HSC? (1 Viewer)

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Will tat come up on the HSC result paper thino???

Hav no idea how tat's like~~ >.<

a_person86

HSC
It counts as a 2 unit course towards your HSC. Its a category B course!

The way it counts is the first year is 70% comprimising of 21% class assessments and 49% is the final exam. THe second year involves computers, 30% is made up here.

I not too sure how it will be displayed on the HSC certificate, i tell you by next year.

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
Well I can tell you at the end of this year :D .

I am finished, the computer course was easy , the year 11 bit is the hard bit

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
=.=|||
i'll be find out in the end of d yr as well...lalala~~this yrs was fun...where di u guyz study tat course? TAFE or school?

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
went liverpool .... they built new part 2 the tafe near the station, so we had new computers and air con, and the subject was ok!

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
anyone from ST George???

Anyway...aiming for band 6... (finger crossed) as if!!! =.=||| :D :D :D :uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

ahmad

HSC
N/A
Timesplitter 01 said:
Well I can tell you at the end of this year :D .

I am finished, the computer course was easy , the year 11 bit is the hard bit
what did u get in get in the year 11 bit........

what is involved in the year 12 computer course

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Sweet_Lemon said:
anyone from ST George???

Anyway...aiming for band 6... (finger crossed) as if!!! =.=||| :D :D :D :uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh:
haha i was in st george for 2003 hsc. btw, acct is a piece of cake. in our yr, my friend and i both got 98 and another friend of ours got 99 and came 2nd in the state. dw! pplz at st george tafe doing accting kik ass!:D

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
Thanx for saying that. I'm doing the yr 11 course right now (will be finished a couple of weeks). I was wondering how I would survive if they Yr12 course was harder than Yr11. So thanx for reassuring me :)

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
how do u know ur at least getting a Band 5?? Wat do you have to do on the computers??

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
computers was easy, you do myob and basic introdution stuff on office programs. The assesments were open book as well, so its a breeze compared to yr11.

§eraphim said:
haha i was in st george for 2003 hsc. btw, acct is a piece of cake. in our yr, my friend and i both got 98 and another friend of ours got 99 and came 2nd in the state. dw! pplz at st george tafe doing accting kik ass!:D

At our class, 5 people got 98+, and 3 of them was in the top 5 for the state....two people got 100 for the hsc exam in year 11,
and i did acounting at Randick tafe :D:D:D

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
§eraphim said:
ohoh~~ tat's so good....
i stuffed one exam in MYOB...kinda around 25% of the 20% in total~~ not sure how tat count...

Last yrz...got distinction...but didn't gimme any markz though~~

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
elissa said:
how do u know ur at least getting a Band 5?? Wat do you have to do on the computers??
u won't know wat marks or band u get...coz they only send u a certificate with either NA, pass, credit or distinction...
Yr 11 isn't tat easy though....wish u good luck~~ ekek~~ ;)

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
Year 11 , is basically learing about accountancy , like depreciation ( at the end of the year ), payroll , etc . I am guessing my mark for my class mark , around about 78 ( by dividing all my class results) , and about mid 70's for my exam, I think.

Year 12 (computing course) you do myob for 2 terms.( you can actually do it in about 11-12 weeks if you know what you are doing , me and my friend , had almost about 6 weeks off from tafe becasue we were that far ahead).
For the myob tests , for both of them I got in the 90's (97 and 95).

Then It is word , excel, Access, Powerpoint. They are easy too , you can also get 90's for these

And then you are done. Finished by term three of your year 12.

You have already done your HSC exam at the end of Year 11 , so that is one in the bag, and one less thing to worry about.

My advice to everyone taking accounting at TAFE , to put in some effort in year 11 , becasue then you can sorta relax in Year 12, because the MYOB Stuff is easy.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
its really stoopid if u quit after yr 11....(to anyone who does~~) coz yr 11 is like 70%~~
hum...think this yr they gonna put MYOB first....otherwise the business computing takes too long....
OH..BTW...that asset manager thino doesn't work on XP....stuff.... but works on my 98~~ kekekkeke

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
but i failed the exam

i'm just starting year 12 now, and i failed the year 11 exam, so does that mean that i wont be able to do the year 12 course?

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
elissa said:
i'm just starting year 12 now, and i failed the year 11 exam, so does that mean that i wont be able to do the year 12 course?
ok....this is wat happen to a skool friend of mine who did fail the yr 11 Accounting exam....this is what u do, do the yr 12 computer accounting at either skool or tafe, which ever your skool supports, then redo the yr 11 course during the nite and complete the exam in Mid 05... but this skool friend of mine actually had enough units so she quit the course... depend how u going to cope with your work. :)

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
I have 12 units (including Accounting) so I would drop the course IF I COULD but stupid school has a rule saying I can't drop it at ALL coz it's too late to apply for 10units.

So I'm not gonna bother to go to the Year 12 course.

How will this affect my HSC? It wasnt gonna count in UAI anyway - all my others subject marks are 85+ and I'm almost guareented getting 95+ in Legal (so my teacher says)

Anyway anyone ever been in my situation? I've tried to talk to sum teachers at school but they dont seem to care.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
the yr 11 exam is worth like 49% of the course

although yr 12 is an easy 30%, failing the yr 11 exam really means u r out of band 5 territory

i would drop it

focus on ur other subjects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)