Who applied 4 cadet this yr? (1 Viewer)

a_person86

HSC
I didnt know that most the cadetships had to have their applications in by 18 June, cause my career's advisor is a fukwit. Although, my mate stumbled on apply via the internet site for KPMG and i was accepted. So lucky me i guess :)

Doubt i will get the marks for the course though, so i realy just wasted my time

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
wel... i m not tat confident about my mark too...but still wanna try...it's a good career~~
the problem is...most did close in mid june.... but ppl said most others got the position ages ago... i was like... wat de??!@#$%%^faint~

a_person86

HSC
How you apply for the ATO cadetship?

Thats a Bachelor of Taxation Distance, do you need to get the uai for that cause it states on the UAC book that people sponsored by ATO put their applications seperate or something... it says it on the B.Taxation in UNSW in that UAC 2005 book. Any ideas why you have to send it seperate if sponsored by ATO?

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
hav no idea... anyway...u can't apply now..coz it's closed... i applied for business admin...tat's the one i think kinda relate to accounting course... taxation dunno.. wel it's accounting but not sure about tat!

a_person86

HSC
I kept looking on the ATO website, it said that it would post the shit up when available in September or something, but nothing came up, fukn idiots!

The lowest UAI for the course i need to gain entrance into last year was 81.80, which jumped from 70! What is it for Business Admin? Do you have to do it at any specific place or they dont care?

Last edited:

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
a_person86 said:
I kept looking on the ATO website, it said that it would post the shit up when available in September or something, but nothing came up, fukn idiots!

The lowest UAI for the course i need to gain entrance into last year was 81.80, which jumped from 70! What is it for Business Admin? Do you have to do it at any specific place or they dont care?
i'm aiming for accounting in macq...(hard to get in still...90zzz)
wel...ATO did said check internet OFTEN...and newspapers...(which i don't buy them normally) so i checked somewhere in oct...and they did open up for ppl to apply...
u can try for the UTS i think... (they have late applications or something...) can't bothered apply tat one~~

S

Shuter

Two of my friends (actually, 4 people I know), applied for some sort of cadetship. Both my friends got them at Nexia corperation in accounting.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Shuter said:
Two of my friends (actually, 4 people I know), applied for some sort of cadetship. Both my friends got them at Nexia corperation in accounting.
where's tat? never heard~~ (all i found out those big 4 firms like in tat wentworth hotel stuff~~never heard any of them before, didn't even bothered check them~lalala)

S

Shuter

It's some sort of accounting firm in Sydney, I've been shown where the building is. Most applied to other ones like KPMG and stuff but didn't end up getting passed the interview I think.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Shuter said:
It's some sort of accounting firm in Sydney, I've been shown where the building is. Most applied to other ones like KPMG and stuff but didn't end up getting passed the interview I think.
screw accounting cadetships...go accounting coop programs! less work and more $$$.....:D

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
wel..doesn't met tat high mark...(yeh like 100% UAI...no way~~)
wel...i'm thinking about the B taxation now...not tat high mark...but a good career (hehehehe..)
wel....my first priority is stil ACCOUNTING AT MACQ or UNSW(96,noway~~)
Hope there aren't many apply this yr~~~pray(i'm being bad am i???)
I'll attend a written assessment tomorrow at ATO...who else is going???? wat time?

bubble_tea

I did!

got rejected by 3 companies, went to one interview but they didn't call me back so i guess i didn't get it..

cadets have no lives, seriously.. you work during the day, go to uni during the night and spend your weekends studying away.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
yeh...i got rejected by...let me see... KPMG, E&R, who else.... oh a small company.... oh and pricewaterhouse....Bet ya was my resume and some cover letter thino.... never applied before, hav no experience...and i'm not those wordy ppl with colourful descriptionsss...ekek
but going to the ATO writting assessment 2moro...hope i can get into the interview stage...really wanna get a job within the service sector...(accounting or tax~~ekek)

a_person86

HSC
Well, I was on completion of a Certificate II for Accounting with Distinction, worked in a finance company for two years, played soccer and MSC Rugby, although meeh marks werent the best i guess i done enough outside of the academic shit to get me to the interview stage. The interview was great, im good at talking and spinning shit, the grl was a cadet just finished, bout 25, she lovd it lol. The second part was a bit harder, i fukd the written part up, and the interview was with a partner, he doesnt buy bullshit too easy, but i guess it worked lol.

I dont think the cadetship will be that bad, i think i will still have a social life. Im very flexible type of bloke...

Year 10 - Got meeh first job, part-time on weekday evenings, worked 3 evenings a week - Play soccer (love that shit) - Did school, school certificate.
Year 11 - Continue job three evenings, played soccer, went tafe, did school prelim
Year 12 - Left work in July (new boss was a dickhead), continue tafe, continue soccer, did hsc

Throughout those three years, i had a blast so i dont think the cadetship will hold me back at all, i will go out every friday night and saturday, sunday is family day :p, and then back to work and uni during the weekdays, life wouldnt be that bad, but ay, we'll see nxt yr with the workload, and whether i get the marks to get in

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
so u've got the cadetship thino...which company??? wat course di ya take???

well...i just went to my assessment today...I don't think i did tat well.... there were about 20 ppl attended.....they all look sooooooo MATURE....!!!!!
they gave 3 sections to do.... probably it was mua first time attend so i find a bit nervous~~~they said result well see if we can get into the interview stage or not!!! finger cross~~~

a_person86

HSC
I got into KPMG, i applied for part-time business and commerce course, majoring in accounting. This was ages ago, like in July i got accepted. I didnt think i got in neither, the rest of the blokes were nerds, talking about their 99 UAIz that they hope for, and if they get under 95 they will be dissapointed, i was happy if i just got in the course, (which will be about 85). Did u blast through the interview? i aint bad at talkin so i think that was my strength and prolly the reason i got through

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)