which Tafe do you go to for acounting? (1 Viewer)

HSC
heys.. i just wondering which tafe you go to for accoutning .. any good hints for the last exam ?/ hehe^^ ...

i go to hornsby

lilkiwicutie89

azza_3761

HSC
I did go to Griffith Tafe but i finished as of last tuesday. I typed up some documents which might be helpful for Yr11 Accounting students:

HSC
same ... hoildays yeahh .. ohh is griiffs good ??

wheres griffits? * oppss cant spell .. sorry *

yeahhh we just had a test on bank reconsincilliation and the corrections of error... i still dont get the corrections of error. apparently my teacher saids it the english that some people dont understand ..
ohh have a nice hoilday people !

azza_3761

HSC
lilkiwicutie89 said:
same ... hoildays yeahh .. ohh is griiffs good ??

wheres griffits? * oppss cant spell .. sorry *

yeahhh we just had a test on bank reconsincilliation and the corrections of error... i still dont get the corrections of error. apparently my teacher saids it the english that some people dont understand ..
ohh have a nice hoilday people !
i am refering to the whole course i.e. yr11 and 12. Griffith is a hole. 25 000 people. 6hrs from sydney

HSC
azza_3761 said:
i am refering to the whole course i.e. yr11 and 12. Griffith is a hole. 25 000 people. 6hrs from sydney
ohhh .. yeahh so you finish the 30 % in year 12 .... ohh was the end of year exam .. easy ?? any tipss ?

azza_3761

HSC
Yr 11 is pretty much practise, practise, practise. I ended up doing stacks of sheets to revise and wished i had done more. Get your TAFE teacher to print off as many as possible (obviously different ones) and start going through them A.S.A.P.

Yr 12 is a push over. Seriously all those who can turn on a computer and post to a thread on here will have no probs with the computer section lol

HSC
azza_3761 said:
Yr 11 is pretty much practise, practise, practise. I ended up doing stacks of sheets to revise and wished i had done more. Get your TAFE teacher to print off as many as possible (obviously different ones) and start going through them A.S.A.P.

Yr 12 is a push over. Seriously all those who can turn on a computer and post to a thread on here will have no probs with the computer section lol

yeahh my teacher is gives us some sheets .. but i still having trouble with the " correction of error " . yeahh its really bugging me !

really .. is MYOB hard becasue i seen people with a really big book on myob ..

a_person86

HSC
Correction of error is simple. All you do is basically reverse an action. So say that they mistakenly posted an accounts receivable to John Crack instead of John Krack. So the first one is

Dr Accounts Receivable (JOhn Crack)
Cr Supplies

So thats what happen... this is what suppose to happen

Dr Accounts Receivable (John Krack)
Cr Supplies

So now, you need to adjust the top adjustment to the other... so it be something like:

Dr A/c Rec (JOHn Krack)
Cr A/c Rec (John Crack)

azza_3761

HSC
lilkiwicutie89 said:
yeahh my teacher is gives us some sheets .. but i still having trouble with the " correction of error " . yeahh its really bugging me !

really .. is MYOB hard becasue i seen people with a really big book on myob ..
MYOB isn't too hard, yes there is alot of material that you need to get through but if you know a bit about computers and have completed the accounting procedures u should have no trobles understanding it.

Jexi

HSC
am currently at North Sydney TAFE. And I may add, MYOB is such a piece of cake. Yum yum *well not that delicious)

Tips for end of year exam, jsut keep practicing from your textbook and past exams. Even if you've done the questions!!

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
I did this course for my HSC.

Year 11 was some what hard but I got through it ok.

Year 12 with the MYOB and all the Office applications was so easy it was ridulous.

My friend and I finished the MYOB bit of the course 6 weeks ( so about 24 hrs)ahead of schedule. The teacher said we could take some time off.

MYOB is easy. For the two tests we had I got 96% and 92% respectively. I just made one mistake in each of them.

The office was also easy. Our whole class finished that off 2 weeks a head of schedule (8 hrs).

I got an over all mark of abot 85. Which isnt to bad.

And this course does help ( its pretty much the same course except without the MYOB and you have to do cashflow statements ( well at my uni anyway)) you with 1st year accounting at uni.

Last edited:

karinatais

HSC
lilkiwicutie89 said:
is MYOB hard becasue i seen people with a really big book on myob ..
Oh my god, NO! It is the easiest thing ever. All the tests are open book. We've had three so far, and it's ridiculously easy to get 100%. My friends and I sit around playing cards half the lesson, it's so boring.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey D... I wish I could've gone to do Accounting at TAFE but our school wouldn't let us (even though TAFE is on the other side of our oval and physically connected to our school).. stupid eh? *shrugs*... Hope u havin fun! Good luck in ur hSC next yr! jeff.

HSC
seremify007 said:
Hey D... I wish I could've gone to do Accounting at TAFE but our school wouldn't let us (even though TAFE is on the other side of our oval and physically connected to our school).. stupid eh? *shrugs*... Hope u havin fun! Good luck in ur hSC next yr! jeff.
heys Jace ..
ohh what a shame .. becasue i had a friend in Baulko , she went to tafe too .. yeahh but it was like 4-5 years ago ..

thanks .. goodluck to you too ... im sure you will do fine ... hehe^^

take care
lilkiwicutie89

aileenli

HSC
lilkiwicutie89 said:
heys.. i just wondering which tafe you go to for accoutning .. any good hints for the last exam ?/ hehe^^ ...

i go to hornsby

lilkiwicutie89
really? me too. if ur not in my class then i guess ur in dat mean ladys class next door.

Getteral09

HSC
N/A
a_person86 said:
Correction of error is simple. All you do is basically reverse an action. So say that they mistakenly posted an accounts receivable to John Crack instead of John Krack. So the first one is

Dr Accounts Receivable (JOhn Crack)
Cr Supplies

So thats what happen... this is what suppose to happen

Dr Accounts Receivable (John Krack)
Cr Supplies

So now, you need to adjust the top adjustment to the other... so it be something like:

Dr A/c Rec (JOHn Krack)
Cr A/c Rec (John Crack)
Umm...Isn't the adjustment meant to be Dr A/c Rec (John Crack)Cr A/c Rec (john Krack) ??? or am i wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)