HSC Vietnamese (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I was wondering, did anyone here do Vietnamese for the HSC, or are any Prelim students planning to?

I was just wondering, because I did do Vietnamese at a Department of Education school, and the class remained pretty constant until year 11, when everyone (including me) dropped it. The scaling for it looked pretty bad, and Vietnamese is a pretty hard language to learn when you've been accustomed to English grammar and phonetics for most of your life

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Hmm you know i did it for Prelim.. i think it was the early start that got me.. plus all the FOBs ... damn did they pour in within the first 3 weeks.. oh and not to mention the typicals ... *shudders*

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
Hmm you know i did it for Prelim.. i think it was the early start that got me.. plus all the FOBs ... damn did they pour in within the first 3 weeks.. oh and not to mention the typicals ... *shudders*
ditto... aprt from i did chinese bkspkr.... geez, all da fobz owned them... so unless u do continuers, dun do language (of cuz, unless u r a fob)

ps, i fink beginnerz dun get scaled well either... so yea...

HSC
Vietnamese is so hard.....arggg

I dun know y i chose it, i think my mum forced me to....Vietnamese Cont. require a high or standard (in another word, good) language interpretation and translation skill....i done so bad for all of my tests.......its easy if you are a good translator...and an average skillful writer........

most of the people i know that chose the subject are international students, they done pretty bad in the english section.......viet cont is made up of 50% viet and 50% eng, if you hav good skill in both you wont hav any prob..this subject wil b lik child play...*that wat i thought it guna b until now*......
..giv it a try you dun hav to study, i never study :D .....you wont lose anything..

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
i did viet for my hsc and went very well. my mark was alots higher compare to the fobs.
i think the hardest part was the speaking exam and the interview with the examiner.

im willing to tutor vietnamese, but theres no viet student on bos lols
neway, goodluck nguyentrongnhan :)
ps, why did u used ur full name as ur bos name? thats so fobby:D:D

HSC
SuGa BunI =D said:
i did viet for my hsc and went very well. my mark was alots higher compare to the fobs.
i think the hardest part was the speaking exam and the interview with the examiner.

im willing to tutor vietnamese, but theres no viet student on bos lols
neway, goodluck nguyentrongnhan :)
ps, why did u used ur full name as ur bos name? thats so fobby:D:D
I dont know....because i am proud of it?? LOL.... i have other BOS name....but this is my main one...when i ask serious questions .........i think...

JoeI

HSC
lol, vietnamese is hard language but i wonder how come it uses roman alphabet, considering it is an asian language, trong nhan?

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
The Vietnamese language used to look similar to Cantonese but due to the French invasion in the 17th century, French gradually replaced the Chinese and so the Vietnamese language adopted many of their terms. It was not until 3 centuries later that the script became romanised for communication purposes.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Dingo2004 said:
i say vietnamese should go back to the chinese way of writing !

should learn korean its easy!!!!
Ahaha, one friend of mine only knows how to spell her name and the word 'tree' in Chinese.

kevinle

V13+ 801
HSC
i used 2 do viet in yr 11 but kind of sux at it
i only got 70 in da subject
compare 2 da chic who used 2 get in there 90's

HSC
WOWO ...

hehe i was going to try VIET .. but my school doesnt offer it maybe casue there are only 6 viets in the WHOLE school .. hehe ..

but i heard that it scales u up yeah > ?

tc

Q

Quynh nhu

viet scales up to 19.3
but i cant believe some of you are even considering to bag out the subject viet.?
i mean, i am currently studying Vietnamese Continuers. and i think it is such an awesome subject! well probably because i have such an excellent teacher .. even though 80% of the class are fobs, 15% are typicals and the last 5% are non-typicals/fobs. i belong to the 5% ..
the fobs do really well in the *answer in vietnamese* section, but they all die in the *answer in english* section. so i mean if you know both vietnamese and english well enough, *vietnamese continuers* is literally a joke for you. =]
i encourage anyone who chooses vietnamese continuers as a hsc subject.
and best wishes !!

Q

Quynh nhu

if your school doesnt offer viet, there is something called umm.. say.. saturday school? most students go to the community saturday school, its really good. and they usually provide it mainly for the advantage of yrs 11 and 12 students. should consider it.

Q

Quynh nhu

like every other subs, if you do bad the scaling wont really help you. you get what i mean?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)