Australian Maths Competition 2012 Thoughts (1 Viewer)

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
How did everyone go?

I found the first 18 questions to be pretty straight forward, but 19 and 20 were challenging.

Question 21-24 I just guessed, but I ended up getting questions 25, 26, and 29 right (I think), so I'm pretty happy with that.

gr_111

HSC
What did you get for the motorbike delivery question? Was it number 26? I just chucked in 200 because I was running out of time

Last edited:

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
What did you get for the motorbike delivery question? Was it number 25? I just chucked in 200 because I was running out of time
The courier question? Where they had to deliver it to Connor's house? I got 200 lol.

bleakarcher

HSC
Regret not attempting the last five questions FUUUUUUUUU

HSC
I had the worse time management...

I literally only spent like a few minutes for the last 10 questions since I ran out of time :(

I didn't think questions 19-20 were that hard compared to the earlier questions, I failed at the probability one (XYXYXYXY) and didn't know what a geometric progression was (haven't learnt it yet, damn)

bleakarcher

HSC

I literally only spent like a few minutes for the last 10 questions since I ran out of time :(

I didn't think questions 19-20 were that hard compared to the earlier questions, I failed at the probability one (XYXYXYXY) and didn't know what a geometric progression was (haven't learnt it yet, damn)
the probability one I got 1/256 and the GP one I got 1+sqrt(5) from memory

iBibah

HSC

That's unfair that there are question some people can't do because it hasn't been taught to them.

seanieg89

HSC
That's unfair that there are question some people can't do because it hasn't been taught to them.
Is an armwrestle an unfair competition because one person might have longer arms than the other? A competition obviously favours those who are better equipped to undertake them. It has a very different purpose than an exam.

HSC
the probability one I got 1/256 and the GP one I got 1+sqrt(5) from memory
lol I think I guessed 1/256

I wished they defined what a GP was, it shouldn't make much difference to the actual level of ability needed in the process to solve the question

oh well, I'm hoping for a distinction anyway

bleakarcher

HSC
Hopefully I can somehow pull off a distinction lol (unlikely though, effed up pretty bad in my opinion)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
lol I think I guessed 1/256

I wished they defined what a GP was, it shouldn't make much difference to the actual level of ability needed in the process to solve the question

oh well, I'm hoping for a distinction anyway
isn't GP year 11 content though?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)