Least squares (1 Viewer)

leehuan

HSC
Thanks, but I have to admit, I get almost nothing about least squares at all. I need a walkthrough for just this elementary question...

(Completely minimal) Progress so far:

And then I immediately fall clueless. I still don't even know what "normal equations" are or what they mean, and I don't fully understand how ATAx=ATb works either. Basically I have no clue at all when and how to use what :confused2:

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Thanks, but I have to admit, I get almost nothing about least squares at all. I need a walkthrough for just this elementary question...

And then I immediately fall clueless. I still don't even know what "normal equations" are or what they mean, and I don't fully understand how ATAx=ATb works either. Basically I have no clue at all when and how to use what :confused2:

InteGrand

HSC
N/A

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
(Those relationships hold true for the solutions to the normal equations for fitting to a line of the form y = mx + b.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)